How Do I: Android install on Windows CE 6.0 embedded netbook?

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a very small netbook. Not sure of its actual name. The Description is below.

On the bottom it is written:
Windows Embedded/Partner W/Logo
Windows CE 6.0 OS
FC - FCC ID: YRZ66688

No CD/DVD Drive
No Floppy

Small adapter for charging like a phone.

3 - USB Ports
1 - SD Card Slot
1 - RJ45/Ethernet Cord Port
1 - Microphone Port
1 - Headphone Port

System Properties Screen
Microsoft Windows CE Version 6.00 (Build 3122)
Processor Type: WMT, ARM-WM8505
Memory 128MB.
2006 Microsoft Corp.

Has Wireless. Bluetooth application but when I try to connect it says the adapter is not present or something. I can re look it up I just can't remember right now.

On boot it loads OS Image and shows a logo called "Wireless Book".
Home Screen Background shows "Windows Embedded CE 6.0"

My Question is can I Run/Install Android OS on this netbook?
Either Replacing the Windows CE OS with Android. Or Installing Android OS to a 2GB SD Card or larger/other USB Drive or SD Card and then boot it on startup instead of CE.

I would eventually want to buy a larger Card for storage but my spare is a 2GB SD card. As well I want to find a way to use the netbook as a backup storage center and Control 3 Family Phones via a Remote Connection or some other program. But First is it possible to install Android.

If it is possible what do I have to download, what guides are available, and what else should I know to at least Get it on a SD Card if not the actual netbook. I supose it would be better with a larger sd card but can I make it so that I can store the OS as well as all Android Apps, and Data as well.

Second Question is I have an Optimus V from Virgin Mobile. If this works for the netbook. Can I install Android OS on a 8GB SD card and somehow boot my phone via the card and use the internal memory as external or not at all. I hate the memory being soo low. I have it rooted and flashed but 175mb is still too small even moving as many apps as I can over to the sd. I want to Use the phone using the 8GB Card as my OS instead of the internal phone. This way I can have whatever I want on the card Right???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol