imported contacts not displaying

jenn21dw

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I had to switch out samsung transform ultras recently so I exported all my contacts from my old phone to the sd card and when I got the new phone I synced with my google account and tons of contacts that weren't. On my old list were showing up I tried deleting over 100 people from all the social sites and google said it was too many so I just reset the phone to factory and set up a new gmail and turned off auto syncing. Then I imported my contacts from the SD card and while they are recognized when I dial the number manually or the contact calls me they are not showing up in my actual contact list. I am not really interested or fond of google having all my contacts anyways so I would really just like to have them stored on my phone or sd card. Can anyone help me to get them to show up properly and thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
See if there is a setting in the contact app that allows you to view contacts on phone or through Google. I believe other phones may have had a similar option, not sure if your device is one of them.

jenn21dw

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I am not seeing this option - if anyone. Knows of aan alternate contact app other than the 'stock' one that has this feature that would be great.

Vivek Varshney

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
If you have andriod 2.3.6 then
Open contact list > press menu option > press more > press Display options.
Here you see -
choose contacts to display > press your email id option > press All other contacts and save.
Then you will see all your contacts.