1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default imported contacts not displaying

I had to switch out samsung transform ultras recently so I exported all my contacts from my old phone to the sd card and when I got the new phone I synced with my google account and tons of contacts that weren't. On my old list were showing up I tried deleting over 100 people from all the social sites and google said it was too many so I just reset the phone to factory and set up a new gmail and turned off auto syncing. Then I imported my contacts from the SD card and while they are recognized when I dial the number manually or the contact calls me they are not showing up in my actual contact list. I am not really interested or fond of google having all my contacts anyways so I would really just like to have them stored on my phone or sd card. Can anyone help me to get them to show up properly and thanks

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: imported contacts not displaying

See if there is a setting in the contact app that allows you to view contacts on phone or through Google. I believe other phones may have had a similar option, not sure if your device is one of them.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am not seeing this option - if anyone. Knows of aan alternate contact app other than the 'stock' one that has this feature that would be great.

If you have andriod 2.3.6 then
    Open contact list > press menu option > press more > press Display options.
    Here you see -
    choose contacts to display > press your email id option > press All other contacts and save.
    Then you will see all your contacts.