Android stability issues or specific to Tab brand? Lemon?

marcplante

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a couple android tablets for the kids for Christmas. At $195, they seemed a bargain. Overall, the build quality is very good, but they are having stability problems, resetting sporadically, which can have messy effects at 2:00 am, when we are using them as white noise devices/alarm clocks. of the 6 nights we used the devices, (Specifically, "Relax and Sleep") they reset 5 of those nights.

The device platform is relatively new (3 mos for Lenovo AFAIK), and Lenovo doesn't seem to have a knowledge base built up, so it's hard to tell when they might work out stabilty quirks.

Is this level of stability typical of all android devices? (I'm a BB user and wife has an iPhone). or does Lenovo have some work to do? So, if I return these and spring for the 7" Galaxy tabs, will I have the same low level of instabilty?

I'm trying to decide whether to stick it out and hope for software updates that will improve stability or return them and look at different devices (Samsung? IPads?).

I have a couple days to act on an RMA and get a full refund.

Thanks,

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's certainly not typical of all Android devices (if it was, Android wouldn't have the penetration it has).

I don't know anything about the device itself or what version of Android it might be running or even which app(s) you are using, so can't help beyond that.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This is certainly not my experience with Android. For me Android has been totally reliable. You say you bought 2 Lenovo tablets. Did they both do the exact same thing? If so maybe its the app you are using or a setting. You could always get a Galaxy Tab and give it a go before you return the others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois