1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Smile Receive email when calls come in? (newbie)

Hello, I'm new to the whole cell phone thing. Android phone from LG
    I keep the phone off most of the time, but I'm on the computer. Is there an app or setting to make it possible for phone to send me an email when a call has come in?

thanks for any info!

Jay

Default Re: Receive email when calls come in? (newbie)

You should be able to do this without having an app. Just go to your home screen, then from there go to your email, and send one as usual, all while still on the phone.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Jay - If I'm reading your question correctly, you want to be notified by email that you missed a call when the phone is turned off, is that correct?

If so an app on the phone won't help since the phone is off the device itself will not now that it missed a call. You carrier might have some sort of email notification for new Voice Mail. You would have to check with them to see if it's available. That's the only way I can think of to do what I think you asking.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Yes, thanks PvillComp that is helpful. I will check with Verizon about notifications

best,
    JM