AT&T+Android

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What would be the best Android phone for use with AT&T. Son-in-law loves AT&T, and wants to go with an Android phone(his first smart phone)? Thanks.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that it matters that much. Both he and my daughter have good jobs. I've never owned an Android phone(first BB, now iPhone), so i don't know anything about how they work. He wants to stay with AT&T though.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The best thing is to go to a store and use them, get a feel for what you like and don't like. If money is not really an issue, don't get persuaded into one of the free phones. You typically get what you pay for. I am not sure of at&t plans, if the lte plans are the same as the regular data plans it would be silly not to get the Skyrocket or the Vivid.

If lte is available in the area the phone will be used in could factor into the decision.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. He's got an HTC My Touch with AT&T, but he wants something better, while staying with AT&T. Although i'm an iPhone guy and he's an Android guy, he's married to one of my daughters, so we get along. His contract is up now, so that's why he's looking. My contract is up in a few months, and he's trying to talk me into switching to Android. I've heard that transferring all 8gbs of my music over to Android from iTunes, is a real chore. That could be the stumbling block that keeps me from going over to your side. He doesn't know if it can be done, and i won't leave without my tunes. If it's possible, just let me know here, and i'll give it some real thought. Thanks.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Google Galaxy Nexus is not an AT&T phone. He says that it's between the Vivid & the Skyrocket. Anybody know if i could switch all my photos & music, from iTunes to an Android phone? How about an Android phone that i could use with iTunes? I know that i would have to change the music format from .m4r to .mp3. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Galaxy Nexus is not an AT&T phone. He says that it's between the Vivid & the Skyrocket. Anybody know if i could switch all my photos & music, from iTunes to an Android phone? How about an Android phone that i could use with iTunes? I know that i would have to change the music format from .m4r to .mp3. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

The main problem with getting your iTunes music over to Android (or anywhere else non-apple, for that matter) is the DRM. Back when songs were 99 cents on iTunes, they all came with DRM, which made sure you could only use it on an i-device or in iTunes itself. You know how you can only have 5 devices registered to your iTunes account? Yeah. Any of those songs with DRM won't be transferrable to Android without upgrading to iTunes Plus (search it in the iTunes store). That will cost you usually 30 cents per song (only the songs purchsed before the jump to $1.29), but less for some full albums, if you have any. If that's not a big concern for you, then you'll have no problems tranferring the music. iTunes will tell you what it would cost you to upgrade to iTunes Plus ahead of time, so you could use that info to help you decide.

Photos are no problem. They belonged to you in the first place, just stored on your device.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to say, there are a few different ways to transfer the music once you get to that point. I use iSyncr. Still have all my music in iTunes, even playlists, and iSyncr just syncs what I want to my phone. Doubletwist also does a good job of syncing with iTunes. There are some others out there, too. Or you can move all you music aout of iTunes and get rid of it completely. I would do that if it wasn't fro my wife still having an iPhone. You could move it all to Widows media player, or something like that. Although I think all playlists would be lost.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to say that all the albums and ringtones, about 8gbs, are mine from the get go. Nothing bought from iTunes, just stored there. I downloaded them all into iTunes from a jump drive that they were on, after i took them off of my old BB Bold. I thought that all i had to do was change the .m4r, back to .mp3, and it would all be good.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to say that all the albums and ringtones, about 8gbs, are mine from the get go. Nothing bought from iTunes, just stored there. I downloaded them all into iTunes from a jump drive that they were on, after i took them off of my old BB Bold. I thought that all i had to do was change the .m4r, back to .mp3, and it would all be good.

You're good to go then. Just have to make a choice how you want to manage your music from now on, as I said 2 posts back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie