Placing Apps in Folders

AmphibiousRodent

May 21, 2010
Visit site
When moving apps into folders does it only create a shortcut to the app? I want to have one icon for each app in one place...eventhough its only a shortcut it feels like a duplication...but hey im weird like that. I guess what im really asking is this...when i open app drawer i would like to have/see only 3 or 4 folders that show...not a list of current apps. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance :D

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
oh ok, i got lost a bit (im tired ha). as for folders inside of the draw i don't think that is possible with stock android. i think there is an app in the market that allows you to do that but i cant remember the name. DXtop also allows that but it is a home replacement and it isn't free. i think a few $.

i dont know if you are running stock android or sense but if it is stock there is a folder app you can download in the market for free which is very useful. it's called "live bookmarks" and it lets you place a bookmark folder on your home screen and when you click it, all of your bookmarks appear. one of my essential apps

AmphibiousRodent

May 21, 2010
Visit site
oh ok, i got lost a bit (im tired ha). as for folders inside of the draw i don't think that is possible with stock android. i think there is an app in the market that allows you to do that but i cant remember the name. DXtop also allows that but it is a home replacement and it isn't free. i think a few $.

i dont know if you are running stock android or sense but if it is stock there is a folder app you can download in the market for free which is very useful. it's called "live bookmarks" and it lets you place a bookmark folder on your home screen and when you click it, all of your bookmarks appear. one of my essential apps

Awesome thanks for the reply! i dont have android yet but i will on the 4th! im just trying to get some solutions squared away ahead of time :)