help with switching phones, multiple email & market accounts

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought a Rezound today but did not activate it yet because I have what I think is going to be a bit of a mess to clean up before I totally switch over. My mess is why I'm here asking for your help. Please no rooting solutions, I'm not going to do that. Maybe some day but not now.

I currently have a Thunderbolt and being brand new to Android when I got it, I was pretty lost with the whole thing for awhile. As a result I have some weird stuff going on that I want gone/fixed before I move to my new Rezound.

I've never activated an Android phone before on my own. The only thing I've done w/the Rezound at this point is to put the battery in and charge it. The clerk at VZW told me I can swap the SIM card back and forth between the phones, that all it takes is to put the SIM card in to activate the phone. Yes? No?

Does the SIM card hold the original email address and thus automatically program into my Rezound when I put it in the phone? The VZW clerk said it holds my account info which makes me think I'm freaking stuck with this original email addy *forever* no matter what phone I get. If I go to my actual account at VZW and change my email addy while my SIM card is in my Thunderbolt, will this cure the problem or make more of a mess?

When I got my Thunderbolt I had absolutely no clue they were setting up an email account for me on it that links to what seems like every freaking thing the TB does. They used the email address I have in my VZW account which I did NOT want to use on my phone. I didn't know this until I got it home and started figuring my new phone out.

A few weeks later I added a new email account to use on the phone and just disabled the sync for the email addy the VZW clerk input. I don't want to use this 2nd email addy on my Rezound, I plan on using a new gmail addy which will be just for my phone.

I download a bunch of apps from the Market (free & paid) and problem here is that some were downloaded under the original email addy VZW input and some were downloaded under the 2nd email addy I added. I didn't know I was doing this and had no clue the Market apps were tied to an email address until a couple of months ago. Now when app upgrades are available I have two accounts to do this in :( When I inquired on this previously, I *believe* I was told (but don't quote me) I'd have to wipe the phone and start over and also have to re-purchase the paid apps.

Is there somewhere at the Market that I can go to start a new account under the new email addy and merge all my app downloads into the new email name and then download them again for my Rezound all under this one new email addy?

According to the little book that came w/the Rezound, I can sync to Exchange account(s) but I don't have Exchange. I do use Outlook but just for the calendar because I find the Google calendar doesn't have enough bells and whistles for me. So, I have a few apps that will work to sync w/Outlook. The main one I use is Deja Office. It would be nice if the Rezound doesn't need this extra app to sync with Outlook (without Exchange) OR if the Rezound default calendar has the bells and whistles I want. Bells & whistles = things like a good selection of colors for categories that show up on my calendar in my phone. One thing I'd like to do is a take-off from my paper calendar days. I always took a highlighter marker and filled in my regular OFF days at work in pink and my extra off days were light blue and this coloring took up the entire date square like a background color. I looked high and low for a calendar app that would do this but never found one :( so if that's not possible just a good selection of text colors would be acceptable.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm so sick of all this double account crap on my Thunderbolt some days I just want to throw it against the wall. I want a "clean" phone :) which is where I'm trying to get to with my new Rezound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez