Where's my Wi-Fi?!

JAROAM

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Sooo...all of the sudden I have no signal from my wireless router. I have a Samsung Epic 4G Touch on Sprint. I'll, say, attempt to access the Android Market, Amazon App Store, or whatever with my WiFi engaged and I won't be able to access it. Says, "no connection" and times me out. Then I'll turn off my WiFi and the 3G network kicks back on and viola "network connectivity restored" and I'm able to keep on rockin'. So, what gives?! Haven't been doing anything too crazy with my phone outside of downloading and installing some goodness from the stores and doing regular smartphone things, but yesterday the phone seems to be hatin' on the WiFi. Thoughts on what's up and how to remedy this screwy situtation? Oh, and yes, the WiFi signal is just fine and pumpin' out to computers and other phones, so it is not the problem. Help! Thanks!

P.S. - This is my first post. Alas, I loved my Palm Pre and WebOS...so sad...oh so sad...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Reset the WiFi router and try reconnecting. If that doesn't work you might need to go in and manually setup the connection.

Also, go into WiFi connections and make sure it's always connected.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Reset the router and try to reconnect. Also make sure the WiFi network is always connected in the network settings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JAROAM

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where the hell's my Wi-Fi?!

Ummm...really?! Okay, I don't understand. As the story goes, everything else in my house that can access the WiFi from my router was, in fact, accessing that glorious wireless signal with no problem. Everything was rockin' and enjoying the untethered goodness. Enter my phone, which all of the sudden was not a part ot the wireless party. "So," I thought, "the problem cannot lie with the router itself seeing that everything else on the network was cookin' it up new-school." After seeing your reply I figured why not "reboot" the router - even though, as I said, every other device had no problems accessing it. Well...lo-and-behold, my SGS2E4GT is now back on the dance floor and sucking in the beautiful wireless signal that is WiFi. My quesiton now is, WTF?! How is that possible? :confused:

Oh, and I reserve the right to reopen and rehit this thread if it happens again. So don't go too far.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where the hell's my Wi-Fi?!

Glad to see you got it working :)

Sometimes the router needs a reboot, even if other devices are connected without a problem. I don't understand the technical aspect of it, perhaps someone more savvy can chime in. You might want to open settings > Wireless and Network > Wi-Fi settings > Press Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never

It's a mission to access that setting but might help stay connected on your home network. Wi-Fi will not drop while on the network, even when the screen is off. It will also save battery life since the cellular network consumes more battery versus Wi-Fi.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante