How To Get A Galaxy Nexus on AT&T for About $299

alex.makuch

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post, but it was of help to me, and will be for a lot of others. I will talk about how I got a Galaxy Nexus on AT&T for about $300. Now let's just say this takes risk. But if you have hope, it will work just as well as it did for me.

So I have been using iOS since 2007. Long story short, I got sick of it. I wanted to switch to Android, but I wanted a vanilla OS. So I though Galaxy Nexus. Well, it wasn't on AT&T. I wasn't really wanting to switch to Verizon. So I made a plan. So you want to hear it? Okay.

What I was going to do was:
-Buy an (prepare to be shocked) Apple iPhone 4S
-Sell it
-Buy an off contract Galaxy Nexus
-Activate it on my AT&T service.

In simpler words, subsidize a Nexus myself. Now if you are still in shock from me buying a 4S, get over it and grow up :D . iPhone's have a higher resell rate then Android phones. I was able to buy a white 16GB iPhone 4S for $199 and sell it for $500. So that is about $300 to take off of a Nexus. The Nexus I wanted to buy is $689. $689-$300 is still $389. That was still more then I wanted to pay.

Galaxy Nexus Unlocked for AT&T, T-Mobile: Newegg.com - Samsung Galaxy Nexus Titanium Silver 3G Unlocked GSM Android Smart Phone w/ Android 4.0 / 5 MP Camera / 16GB Internal Memory / NFC (GT-i9250)

If that is cheap enough for you, stop here. If you want more subsidy, keep going.

I still was going to have a perfectly good iPhone 4 laying around. So I decided to sell it and buy an iPod touch, because I am not quite ready to ditch iOS. I was able to sell my 4 for about $300. So I bought a touch for $199 and had about $90 left to take off of my Nexus. That made it $289. Cheaper then if I switched to Verizon. That seemed pretty good to me. So I bought it and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for reading and I hope this helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz