Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

Default AdFree and Angry Birds Seasons

I'm running AdFree on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. 4.0.2, unlocked, rooted, otherwise stock.

I noticed that AdFree doesn't block ads on Angry Birds? Has anyone else noticed that, or is there a configuration problem on my end?

AdFree is blocking ads in GasBuddy and TweetCaster, so I know it basically works. It even blocks ads in Words with Friends (App displays a blank black ad screen with return to game button, but with no content).

Is there something I can do to make it work with Angry Birds?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I've noticed its hit and miss with ics and adfree

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

Default Re: AdFree and Angry Birds Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I've noticed its hit and miss with ics and adfree
    Is that to suggest that adfree is successfully removing the ads from angry birds on your bionic?

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

I'm running Android Revolution ROM, and I've noticed intermittent ad blocking in all the Angry Birds apps. Maybe a future update to Adfree will fix this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Not sure haven't used bionic since Nov. I'm running darkside asop on my g nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    Is that to suggest that adfree is successfully removing the ads from angry birds on your bionic?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

By disabling mobile network or enabling Airplane Mode (There both the same thing basically) you'll not see the ads. The downside is that you won't see any incoming messages, receive calls, etc.

just disable the wifi and the 3g features and you'll be ok...
    just peter

I see annoying ads on my PC and Android seems to be no different However, I don't use any of these ad blocking apps. I simply disable my wifi.

I simply cannot use ad-block on my tablet for the reason that it always signs me out of my online sites that I am logged into. This gets very annoying. If I am not using an online service, I do exactly what the above user does.
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Agree. I mean some of the ads are really annoying and sometimes even misleading but since it's only an ad I don't really care. Except those 'you phone is infected' ads, they should be blocked for sure.