Change Default Icon

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Go Launcher installed and would like to change the default icon for an app in the tray. When I press on the icon now it gives me the choice to replace it with a custom icon and that is what I would like to do. I actually would like to use the icon for the default calendar (on my Bionic) for the icon for this app but I can not seem to locate the calendar icon.

Please tell me how I can locate this icon for use or if not possible then suggest other method to show a calendar as the icon.

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Give this a try. Copy the apk for the calendar app you want the icon of onto your computer. Open the archive using 7-zip or winrar. Look for a folder named "drawable-hdpi". Extract that folder to your computer. That should contain a bunch of .png images used by the app. One of those may be the icon for the app. Copy the image to your phone. Use Go Launcher and select image as custom icon.

You'll probably need to be rooted so you can access /system/app to get the apk. If you're not rooted and don't want to root, you can download a custom ROM that uses the app you want and extract it from that. Kind of a lot to download though for a 5kb image. Or see if someone else can extract the file for you. Or search Google images. Go Launcher will use pretty much any image file you want as a custom icon. Just be aware that jpgs probably won't be transparent around the edges.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice but at this point in time I am not interested in a custom rom or rooting so if ou have another suggestion I would appreciate it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So you want to use the default calendar icon for that app? The default icon is buried in the apk of the calendar app.

Look for a go Launcher theme and find a. Calendar app you like. Use that icon to replace the one you want.

If you must have the stock icon, extract the apk and pull the icon image. It's probably in the framework-res folder of the calendar apk.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well since I do not have access to the apk I took a different approach. I found a icon on the internet and copied it into a jpg and then moved it to the SD card and then used the icon in the Go Launcher. No quotes as ood as I would have liked it but it works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech