Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the Droid Razr Maxx be unlocked

Ok so my question is , If i buy the Droid Razr Maxx and unlock it , there's many tutorials , but if i unlock it can i use the 4g sim-card slot for other carriers in another country , not Verizon in that country but different carrier. And no i dont want 4g in that country they dont support it anyways. Also if it does can anyone help me find if they support the company Kyivstar its a Ukrainian company.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Can the Droid Razr Maxx be unlocked

I'm not positive, but I would say no. It is a CDMA phone, and most of the world is GSM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes but it does have a sim card slot so y not?

Quote Originally Posted by petya0980 View Post
    Ya, it has a SIM card slot... but that still will not help it get the hardware required to run on a GSM network in some other country.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by petya0980 View Post
    The sim card will not change it from a CDMA to a GSM phone, that is built into the hardware.