stock message application

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings in Handcent, and under application settings, set Handcent as the default messaging app. That is supposed to disable all other messaging apps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What Baseballfanz said. Just go into the settings of the stock messaging app and disable the notification so that you won't be receiving notices of incoming text. You'll still receive text messages to the application, but you won't be notified when received.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What Baseballfanz said. Just go into the settings of the stock messaging app and disable the notification so that you won't be receiving notices of incoming text. You'll still receive text messages to the application, but you won't be notified when received.

You don't even have to do that. I use Handcent. When you set it as the default messaging app, all other messaging apps are disabled.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't even have to do that. I use Handcent. When you set it as the default messaging app, all other messaging apps are disabled.

I know. I have seen posts where the stock app is not disabled when using that method. I don't know if its a phone-to-phone basis, or if the people posting don't know what they are doing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463