How to remove picture widget on phone Contact

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This would be something that has to be done I assume through rooting your device and then modifying the Contact.apk

One more problem with this is currently there is a problem with doing any XML edits to the Contact.apk for ICS. Its a known issue among theme and ROM devs.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This would be something that has to be done I assume through rooting your device and then modifying the Contact.apk

One more problem with this is currently there is a problem with doing any XML edits to the Contact.apk for ICS. Its a known issue among theme and ROM devs.

That was my thought too. Modifying the XML to either go to nothing (which would more than likely cause a FC) or to change the icon to a 1X1 transparent image.

Even with the XML edit issue, if you are rooted you can find out the name of the image and still do the 1x1 image trick. Just change the name of the one you make to the same as the one you are trying to get rid of. The XML won't care what the image is as long as the names match

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That was my thought too. Modifying the XML to either go to nothing (which would more than likely cause a FC) or to change the icon to a 1X1 transparent image.

Even with the XML edit issue, if you are rooted you can find out the name of the image and still do the 1x1 image trick. Just change the name of the one you make to the same as the one you are trying to get rid of. The XML won't care what the image is as long as the names match
Completely agree.. I'm sure there is more than one area that this appears in too.. Very little with android is ever resolved with just one png change or single xml edit :p

Even if you size it to 1x1 the actual spot that the image occupies may still default to a preset setting so it may still not resolve the issue....

Ahh the fun of Android ;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Completely agree.. I'm sure there is more than one area that this appears in too.. Very little with android is ever resolved with just one png change or single xml edit :p

Even if you size it to 1x1 the actual spot that the image occupies may still default to a preset setting so it may still not resolve the issue....

Ahh the fun of Android ;)

yeah I am a programmer by trade, so I know that different languages, browsers, platforms, hardware all work things differently.

I am slowly working my way through android and I threw my best guess out there.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It was a good guess and right in the ball park. Nice job.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress