Noob help: ringtones for text message notifications?

Heartlostangel

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as my husband and I are both having this problem, or rather, inability, on our phones(ones a samsung double time, the others a motorola something) I figure it is a general question

How do we set a text message ringtone? When we text, all we get is a goofy little chime and the phones vibrate. I'll never hear that thing in my purse.

I went to settings>notifications and set a soundbite I want to use after transferring it to the media>notifications folder, and when I get e-mails, it worked. But not for texting.

Also, what forum do I use for the double time? I cannot find one on here for it, lol.

What is rooting, and do we need to do it? We got the phones through AT&T and they work fine so far.

Also, we have wifi at home- does that still count against our 3g plan when we're using that to access the market while trying to figure this out?

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
How do we set a text message ringtone? When we text, all we get is a goofy little chime and the phones vibrate. I'll never hear that thing in my purse.

I went to settings>notifications

You can change the default notification there but generally you change the tone in the relevant application's settings...

Also, we have wifi at home- does that still count against our 3g plan when we're using that to access the market while trying to figure this out?

No, thats the main reason you use it :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463