I give up, why won't my google calendar sync?

robertpetry

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I am new to Android and I'm trying out this EVO. So far pretty good but I can't get syncing set up right yet.

I have two google accounts. The first is a personal account that has contacts, email and multiple calendars. The second is an Apps hosted corporate address. Our company is small and we use gmail with our domain name. I have contacts, email and my business calendar on this account.

During initial setup I used my personal gmail account and maybe should have used my corporate gmail account.

I figured out how to add my corporate and personal accounts to the gmail app (since they were in the mail app first - confusing) and now I have my emails coming into the gmail app and also contacts from both accounts syncing into contacts.

But I only see my personal calendars in the calendar app. The business calendar is the most critical. How do I get that to sync?

Thanks Android guru's.

dbmet

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
If you go to your calendar, and click the menu button then more button, then click calendars is your work calendar checked there?

dbmet

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
What about settings, then accounts and sync is your work email listed there and can you click it and see if sync calendar is checked?

robertpetry

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My only options under settings>accounts and sync and my work account are "sync contacts" and "sync Gmail" It seems like something is missing...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
This doesn;t fix the issue (and yes it is an issue, hurry 2.2 for the Evo!) but it's a good easy workaround

Share your work calendar with your personal google account.

Open google calendar on your computer, and set up sharing under settings.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have two Gmail accounts, one for work and one for personal use.
I use my personal one for the Evo.

To see my work calendar I *share it over to my personal gmail calendar account. I can then see my work calendar events on my personal calendar. You can even choose a custom color so they stand out. You can also have multiple work calendars and colors.

I can then see both on the Evo.
Hope this helps. I know if you have a lot of events it would get a bit crowded but it works really well for me.

* go to your work calendar settings-->calendar--look under the sharing column. Add your personal email and set the sharing up etc... Then show that calendar on your personal one. Is that clear enough or do you need more help with sharing calendars?

Last edited: