Random Shutdown on Infuse 4g

Nelix57

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
After I upgraded my Infuse 4g to Gingerbread 2.3.5, it started to shut down and reboot randomly. Does anybody is having the same issue and is there any solution to this available yet?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Backup everything and then do a factory reset of your phone. Add the apps back one at a time to see if any of them are the culprit. If you can not identify an app that is causing this and it still happens after a factory reset, take it back to the carrier and see if you can get it exchanged.

As a rule, do not rush to download any "upgrades" so that you can see if other people are having issues with it.

Doc

Reactions: Nelix57

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Doc - it sounds like you need to do a reset. If you can set up an appbrain account, that will help you re-download your free apps (the market will remember your paid apps)

Also, check to make sure your contacts are stored in Gmail and not on the phone. If they are stored on the phone do an export to your SD card from the contacts app.

The OEM's and carriers try to do all they can to prevent a reset from being necessary, unfortunately they can account for every possible variable. Sometimes it just needs to be reset.

Hope this helps.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest doing a Battery Pull for 15 Minutes, re-install batt and try again. It may work.

If that did not help you will have to do the FDR & above as suggested by the previous post's.

Be sure to use the same gmail account you had on your phone if you did the above.

Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781