My phone didn't like the wash cycle so....

needtolearn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I need a new phone. And....I am just a tiny bit of a nerd - much of the technical talk goes over my head.

I am a Verizon business customer. I struggled with 2 Samsung Galaxy Fascinates for a year. The touch didn't work well on either one and I sometimes couldn't even answer calls. Finally a helpful woman on the phone from Verizon agreed that there were many issues with that phone. She said "I'm going to send you a better phone and not count it against your upgrade and you'll like it a lot more." She was so right. She sent the Droid Incredible 2/HTC and it has been great. Yesterday I included it in my wash load and it is dead.

Everyone in my life says I should get an iPhone 4s. But I think getting a 4g phone is more important. I can use another upgrade on my business account if the 5 comes out with 4g. I am open to suggestion on this as well.

I use the camera on my phone a lot for work. Sometimes I send the images to my computer to edit in Photoshop, so quality is important. Otherwise, I get email and use it as (gasp) a phone. I am used to using the swype keyboard. Unfortunately I don't get a great signal at home or at work, but I don't expect that to change.

I'm looking for some help. I am now without a phone. The Razr Maxx is back ordered. A little gun shy about Samsung as I had 2 fascinates that didn't work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Laura

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's really a personal choice. I have a Samsung (Precedent - a really entry-level Android) and other than the fact that it doesn't have enough RAM or enough speed (and I knew that when I bought it), it's a good phone for the money. (Not that you could use it on Verizon, but I find nothing wrong with Samsung.)

Other things to consider - do you want to go to iOS after being happy with Android? And do you want to stay with Verizon if you don't get a good signal with them?

wes-txt

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My daughter dropped her phone in a bowl of cereal, somehow it survived after cleaning it with alcohol and drying it out.

If you like HTC phones, try the HTC Rezound. It's on sale for $99. Looks like a great phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Everything I've read about the Nexus has been fantastic, I would not be afraid of it. Samsung built it, but it's Google's phone. ;)

The Rezound would be another good choice, especially if you like the HTC Sense UI (many do)

Most importantly, spend some time in a store with live demo units and really use any of the phones you are considering. I know I spent an hour in the store playing with the Moto's and other Android phones before picking up the Original Incredible and I know in 2 minutes the DInc was for me.

I would also put your phone into a zip lock bag of rice with the battery out and the cover off and let it set for a day or two, it may come back to life!

Hope this helps.

needtolearn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the ideas. I did the rice thing and it turned on, and received email, but no phone functions. Then it wouldn't charge. I have it in the rice again, and am using an old flip phone while I figure out what to do. I will have some time tomorrow to go to the store and play with equipment. I'll look at the HTC. Thanks again.