1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    viper rom/ stock kernel

Default adding custom ringtones/alarms/notifications

read this on another forum and tried with the evo and worked great.

create a folder called media in the root of sd card

in that folder create another one called audio

and in the folder create another folder called either alarms, ringtones, or notifications.

put your song in whichever folder you want to use it for.
    of all the things ive lost, i miss my mind the most- cereal killer~hackers
    Thanked by:
    Kamen 
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    viper rom/ stock kernel

all thanx for this goes to JGR4444 .. i just thought id try for the evo and it worked. so i posted here.

Have you found a way to use an item in multiple applications without making duplicates?

For example, an mp3 for use as an alarm, and notification seems to require that a copy live in both folders..

Was hoping there was a sort of "allmedia" folder available which all 3 types of app also look at. I despise duplicate data on my card, too hard to keep track of when you have lots of ringtones and stuff.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    viper rom/ stock kernel

[QUOTE=DroidGnome;145172]Have you found a way to use an item in multiple applications without making duplicates?

For example, an mp3 for use as an alarm, and notification seems to require that a copy live in both folders..

Was hoping there was a sort of "allmedia" folder available which all 3 types of app also look at. I despise duplicate data on my card, too hard to keep track of when you have lots of ringtones and stuff.[/QU

from what i see i laced in the notification folder and it shows on alarms as well.
    and for the ringtone thing, you can just install your mp3 in your music folder and when you access music on the phone you can set as a ringtone for contacts or default. but it wont show when you access the ringtone folder on your phone. you need to create a the folder on your sd card
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

kick *** thx!

the alarm clock is functional for me now, the default alarms werent obnoxious enough to wake me up

search "rings extended" in the market

more dinamyc and safe (safe as in ***** proof)

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goatrat View Post
    kick *** thx!

the alarm clock is functional for me now, the default alarms werent obnoxious enough to wake me up
    Agreed. I set mine just now to the alarm that goes off on Lost when it is time to enter the hatch numbers. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

worked great

Gracias for the tip.

Also, using doubletwist, there is an option to in the menu bar to use any song as a ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsef View Post
    Gracias for the tip.

Also, using doubletwist, there is an option to in the menu bar to use any song as a ringtone.
    From the stock media player there is also an option to set a song as a ringtone. Pretty nifty. But I prefer using RingDroid to make the exact clips I want.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: adding custom ringtones/alarms/notifications

Quote Originally Posted by blupit30 View Post
    read this on another forum and tried with the evo and worked great.

create a folder called media in the root of sd card

in that folder create another one called audio

and in the folder create another folder called either alarms, ringtones, or notifications.

put your song in whichever folder you want to use it for.
    I got this to work for my text messages and ringtones but how can you set custom alarms? I saw one thing that said if you make folder named alarms and put in ringers it will work but i cant figure it out.. please help !!