1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to reinstall apps again.

I have installed some apps from Android Market to my Galaxy y. I needed to reset the factory settings and all the apps in the phone was erased. I only wanted to delete the email account. I tried to go to Android Market to reinstall. But it won't get in my phone anymore even when I click on install. There is a button that says installed. I checked on "manage account" setting and none of the applications are there. From Android market, when I click on "My Library" I see all the apps that I have downloaded before.

Question: Is it not possible to reinstall these free apps again? If so how do I do it? Thanks a lot for any help.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default Re: How to reinstall apps again.

The apps are automatically backed up with Google.. so once you reset your phone and sign back in, the apps should appear when you go to the market.

The apps are also saved to the Gmail account that you used to set up the phone. I'm assuming that this is the email account that you deleted. You would need to re-add the email address to your Accounts on the phone. Then from the Market... go to Menu... Accounts.. and switch to the email address that your apps are tied to.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for replying. Will try it to do as you suggest.

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

You can also install them again right from the website from your PC.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am in fact trying to install the apps from the website . I already had the gmail account added on the phone. It is the only account there. Under "Accts and Sync Settings" it's already Auto Sync On. But I still don't see any apps that were downloaded and installed before. When I go to "My Library", I can see all the installed apps labelled as "INSTALLED". When I click on it, now an error message says "Click on another device on which to install."
    Last edited by wanderintraveler; 02-29-2012 at 07:21 AM.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

When I get that I just find the apk file for the app somewhere else, download it to the phone and use Apk Installer to install it.

I had that happen with a weather App. I had to go to market from the phone and it let me install it from there.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Do you mean that I can only install my previously installed apps from Market (from the phone) and not from my PC?
    Does it mean that from the Android market website, you can only download apps once. If you happen to delete it and want it reinstalled, you have to use the phone itself to install again?

I think you normally can. I went back today and looked and it would have allowed me to install them from my PC today (I didn't because I didn't need to now). I am not sure why it wouldn't the other day but I have had it happen before. Maybe just a MP burp.
    This whole thing is a bit new to me so I am learning as I go. I would say try again on your PC.