1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default writing SMS in big font

There's quite a few apps for reading SMS messages in big font, but I can't find any way to write a SMS using a font in 30+ points of size. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I couldn't find anything suitable using Google nor Android Market.
    Devices: Acer Iconia A500, Sony Xperia Pro. Very low vision, my better eye operates in 160x120 resolution

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: writing SMS in big font

You can't determine the font size the other person sees messages in. Size and characters are completely different things. You see an "A" and your phone has been told to display it large. You can't send a "large A", just an A. SMS isn't HTML.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't care about font size on recipient's side, I just need to be able to read my text while writing it. 30 pts is the minimum for comfortable reading
    Devices: Acer Iconia A500, Sony Xperia Pro. Very low vision, my better eye operates in 160x120 resolution

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

I feel your pain. I consider reading glasses to be a necessary peripheral for a phone. But I don't know of any way to increase the font size without replacing the phone (say a Note, which has a large screen).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I can't believe my (almost blind) eyes - on Android, a launcher can be replaced, a dialer app can be replaced ... and an SMS editor can't???

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

There are plenty of SMS apps. I didn't look to see if any of them will allow you to use huge fonts.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Which one allows me to change font size while writing a new message? That was my original question, still unanswered

Quote Originally Posted by TomVal View Post
    There's quite a few apps for reading SMS messages in big font
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

OK, GO SMS Pro allows to increase the font size in the input field, but only a bit, and no ability to change text/bg color, which is shame compared to other areas of customization. Other tips still appreciated ...