I'm new to android: Keeping data off/e-mail app problem/download

bhoup

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
1) I'm new to Android and so far am loving it, but I'm having some trouble. I keep having the data turn on automatically even after I have went into the setting and unchecked "enable always-on mobile data" and "Mobile Network: Use phone for data connection when wi-fi is unavailable." It randomly turns on and I believe is checking the weather from the default weather/clock app on the HTC Incredible 2 homescreen. How can I prevent this from happening?

2) The g-mail app works okay for checking e-mail, but is there a way that I can configure it that when I delete a message it will also delete it from the g-mail server? Also, I wanted to set-up a Microsoft Exchange e-mail using the default e-mail app but it keeps telling me "401 Unauthorized." It even does this if I try to set-up g-mail using this app.

3) Is there a way to download apps to the phone rather than the SD card? I'm only concerned about this in case the memory card would go bad or something and then I'd be stuck either losing the app totally or losing settings, saved items, etc.

Thanks!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: I'm new to android: Keeping data off/e-mail app problem/downl

1. Been awhile since I used the HTC stuff, but I'm guessing there's some setting inside the weather app to tell it how often to poll for weather. I'm not quite sure why you're concerned though, but not my business.
  2. I don't think there's anything special you need to do to get the email to delete from the server when you delete it on the phone. That should just work.

For Exchange, you won't be able to use the GMail app...you'll have to use the regular email app (which is why I don't even use the GMail app and I just have my gmail account set up in the regular mail app). If you're getting an unauthorized message, than obviously you have something set up wrong (either the wrong exchange server or the wrong security settings or are putting in the wrong credentials). I don't think we're going to be much help because Exchange can be set up many ways. You'll want to check with your IT folks on what settings you'll need to use.
  3. Apps get downloaded to the SD card by default. Of course, the data might get put onto the SD card. You don't have to worry about losing the apps...they're tied to your Google account so if you lose one, you just re-download it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800