1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Big problem with Google Play

Ok so I seem to have a big problem with my Droid RAZR. I opened up the Market app to check for any new updates on my apps when it started to tell me something about a "Google Play Store". Not knowing what it was at the time, I pressed the back button to leave and to my surprise my Market app disappeared. Now I come onto AC and learn about the update and realize that I cant update it anymore without my Market app. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Big problem with Google Play

Did you check your app drawer? While I find it hard to believe that your homescreen Market shortcut could just disappear on it's own, I find it even harder to believe the app could have uninstalled itself completely. Also look for a Google Play Store app, because the Market is getting updated to that. Maybe that's how you lost it.

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

Do a search on here and find an older version of the Market as an apk. Put the APK on your SD card. Get a file manager and then install it from your SD. You should then get the update again.
    Thanked by:
    Cris-C 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@ pazzo02
    I know right it does seem very odd. However it did uninstall because I searched for it everywhere and I could not find.

@ plemelin
    Thank you so much your a life saver! I was able to reinstall it and update it. Thanks again!

One more thing, whenever I click on my app drawer I can't access the market anymore when I click on the market icon in the top right corner. It says that the application is not installed. Any ideas on how to make it work again?

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Cris-C View Post
    One more thing, whenever I click on my app drawer I can't access the market anymore when I click on the market icon in the top right corner. It says that the application is not installed. Any ideas on how to make it work again?
    That might be the icon for the one that disappeared. Try going into manage applications and see if it's in there. Sounds like whatever happened to it, it wasn't completely removed.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Here is a picture of what pops up when I click the market icon in the top right corner:

I went into 'Manage Applictaions" and I could not find "Market"anywhere. The only thing I found that was similar was one that said "Market Feedback Agent" and "Market Updater".

P.S Ignore the distorted colors in the picture, the screenshot app was acting funny.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Cris-C View Post
    Here is a picture of what pops up when I click the market icon in the top right corner:

I went into 'Manage Applictaions" and I could not find "Market"anywhere. The only thing I found that was similar was one that said "Market Feedback Agent" and "Market Updater".

P.S Ignore the distorted colors in the picture, the screenshot app was acting funny.
    And I assume you looked for it in the app drawer, not just in the top right, but where it would be alphabetically. In that case it appears that it somehow got uninstalled. You'll have to go the apk route to get it back.
    Thanked by:
    Cris-C 

Look for an app named "Play Store" in your app drawer. I got the same msg notifying me about google play when I opened the Market app last night and after accepting (or cancelling) that msg the Market app and shortcut do "disappear" from the phone.

@Cris-C: the Market app is history, replaced by the Google Play one. If the Market app icon persists, just restart ur phone and it should be gone.

I am having the same problem,

Restarted phone

Did *228

Pulled battery

Still not available

As others mentioned, there is no "Market" app anymore. You just need to replace your shortcut with the new "Play Store" app that should now be in your app drawer.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I have restarted, uninstalled updates, etc.
    no play store for me.
    Still only have play music and play video and the market is alive and kicking.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Like others have said, just download the Play Store apk and you should be set. It worked for me!

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    no play store for me.
    Same here. Including the steps to kick off the update. Nada. But... I can wait

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    no play store for me.
    If your Market is still working, don't worry about it. There's no difference between the two by the looks of the screen shots.

We had our galaxy s2 for one week. It auto came to google play last night. Every android phone will have the google play in 1-2 weeks.

My Google Play Store app is gone An Android market doesn't work anymore. It says it's not there. Where can I download play store?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Android Central Forums

It shouldn't have disappeared if you have a US-based phone. Anyway, you can try to download it here: