Navigation

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How do you get navigation as an option when using a calendar entry or a contact entry? Navigation does not show as an option to select. Thanks,

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can select contacts from within Nav itself, but I don't remember ever being able to select Nav from a Contact's address, unless it was an OEM skin add on.

Not sure about Calendar, never tried that before.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
From Calendar it will take you to Maps and from there you can navigate. I've never been able to do it straight to navigation

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
On HTC, their contact app has a link to navigation from a person's address. Don't know about other brands, but if it's not right there, then it might not be an option. Have you tried a long press on the address to see what comes up?

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
On HTC, their contact app has a link to navigation from a person's address. Don't know about other brands, but if it's not right there, then it might not be an option. Have you tried a long press on the address to see what comes up?

When I do the long press, I get 3 options:

• AT&T Navigator
  • MapQuest
  • Maps
Those are the same options I get when I try to go through the calendar. Is there another contact or calendar application I can use that would allow navigation as an option?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you select Maps? Does it show you the pin in Google Maps for their address? If so, from there, if you short press the bubble above the pin, then press Directions, then you will see the blue navigation triangle in the next dialogue on the left hand side in about the middle of the screen. Press it and it'll open Navigation.

Reactions: PrissyPJ

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you select Maps? Does it show you the pin in Google Maps for their address? If so, from there, if you short press the bubble above the pin, then press Directions, then you will see the blue navigation triangle in the next dialogue on the left hand side in about the middle of the screen. Press it and it'll open Navigation.

Thanks, that worked. I was pressing another button and it wanted me enter the address.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power