Wifi Won't Turn On After Custom ROM

deltasig41

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 and I recently installed MIUI on my device. Didn't like it, so I flashed it back to the stock settings and now my Wifi isn't functioning. It will turn on and scan for networks for a few seconds, then turn off automatically. I figured there was a problem with the kernel, so I flashed the siyah kernel thinking that may fix the problem...It didn't. I'm at my wits end and running out of options. What should I do?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Try another factory reset? Maybe something went wrong the process.

If it still doesn't work and you are under warranty, I'd try and get it replaced through your carrier.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes. However, I spoke with several people (three guys were helping me, and, one was the dude in charge) at a real Verizon store (not sure what your carrier is, but, I know it's not Verizon at least), not a kiosk, and, I asked them that question. They said if you had a custom rom, and, put it back to factory settings, they probably would never know.

I just did a warranty replacement, and, they told me over the phone that if they found out it wasn't covered under warranty, they were going to charge me for the phone. They said to avoid that, I could go to a legitimate Verizon store and they'd check that it was indeed a warranty issue, and, set me up with a replacement. So, if what they said is true, you could go in with your phone, if they don't find that you had a custom rom in the store, you should be fine. If they do, they'll tell you on the spot and hand you your phone back. In which case you can just go to a different store and try again, haha.

Maybe your carrier has a similar policy. You can always ask at the store or call them up. Don't mention you have a custom rom though, haha.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure, I'm a bit confused myself. I did a factory reset the other day and afterwards, my background was the same. I don't think it was on the SD card, but, maybe it was. If that's the case, then, I would think the factory reset is the wipe Pville is talking about.

In the mean time, you could try downloading and installing a different custom ROM and running that. Maybe that will give you back your WiFi. Either way, it might be a good way to test it. If WiFi isn't working with stock and a different custom ROM, there might be something wrong with the phone. And if that's the case, time to get it replaced through your carrier.

Antonio Alicea

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 and I recently installed MIUI on my device. Didn't like it, so I flashed it back to the stock settings and now my Wifi isn't functioning. It will turn on and scan for networks for a few seconds, then turn off automatically. I figured there was a problem with the kernel, so I flashed the siyah kernel thinking that may fix the problem...It didn't. I'm at my wits end and running out of options. What should I do?
I had the same exact problem so i rebooted to recovery the switched to my stock rom and turned on my wifi, didnt work. I then kept switching between roms and trying and eventually it worked for both of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie