Unknown sources installation not working...

JayRell12

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok....I'am trying to install a sprint app that didn't come with my sprint Google nexus, and the only way to get it is to download it is through a unknown source. I have already checked the unknown source box, but every time i get to the screen to install, the button to install wont work. Its like something in blocking it, no message shows up or anything it just doesn't work .....can anyone help?

bells

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, only with Amazon App store and all amazon app store apps on my VZW Galaxy Nexus. Try to install, but the "Install" button doesn't respond. Any ideas?

bells

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Following up: in my case, the app "Lux" was interfering. Uninstalled it and I can once again install non-market APKs. Hope that helps.

David Brunner

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem... Was using app Screen Filter for reducing battery consumption by display.. When I turned it off installation button suddenly worked :) So I installed everything I needed and turn it on again :)

Good luck in finding application that causing it in your cases ;-)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a weird bug that I first noticed when I had my Droid Incredible. I also used Haxor's Screen Filter with that phone, and when the screen was dimmed, the install buttons would oddly become inactive. I assume that any app that fiddles with screen can cause this to happen.