Deleting apps

anon(645875)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am new the world of android so forgive me if this is an easy question. I downloaded opera to my HTC Amaze and found I didn't want it so I deleted it. However when I check my storage I see that there is 2 mb still listed as being used by Opera. How do you get rid of leftover app information?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab or Download tab > click on the app you want to remove > Uninstall... this will remove the app.

Some data from some apps might be stored on the SD Card... if that is what you are referring to, then just delete the folder... easiest way is to just connect to a PC and select your SD card as a Mass Storage device, and delete the folder through Explorer.

Reactions: anon(645875)

anon(645875)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to check the sd card. The app has been deleted that's why the concern on leftover data. I assume then that there is no way to access this right for the phone?

anon(645875)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC Amaze from Tmobile. They Tmobile has an app on it called "my device". I go into this>storage & battery>storage. Here it appears to show what is on the storage card. It shows folders for opera, astrid, nimbuzz and other apps that I tried and deleted. No sense leaving extra crap that will never be used agin on the phone though. Easier to clean it out when the app is deleted then when you run out of room.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Amaze from Tmobile. They Tmobile has an app on it called "my device". I go into this>storage & battery>storage. Here it appears to show what is on the storage card. It shows folders for opera, astrid, nimbuzz and other apps that I tried and deleted. No sense leaving extra crap that will never be used agin on the phone though. Easier to clean it out when the app is deleted then when you run out of room.

So it was on the SD card? And you did get everything cleaned up?

anon(645875)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I just hooked it up to my computer and was able to easily delete these. I didn't want to go crazy as I am new to Android and not sure what is safe and what isn't safe to delete. I am surprised thought that there is no way to access the sd card from the phone itself for deleting files.

Thanks for your help!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just hooked it up to my computer and was able to easily delete these. I didn't want to go crazy as I am new to Android and not sure what is safe and what isn't safe to delete. I am surprised thought that there is no way to access the sd card from the phone itself for deleting files.

Thanks for your help!

There are several file management apps on the new "Play Store" app that will do the job... but to me that is just more apps on my device that I don't really need.

Glad I could help get your problem fixed.