eM Email Client on computer

dewmik

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Since I switched to Android I have been looking for an email client for my computer that would sync with my Google Calender.
My over all goal is to have something that will sync my Google calender so the same information shows up on my phone, google online calender and my computer.
I got outlook but it was nothing but a hassle, not only the set up between the three (that was a bear to do to say the least) but it also required a separate sync program. So after this free month of Outlook I decided that I don't like it at all and went looking.
I have found "eM Client" for free and it is so incredibly easy to use. All I had to do was install it, put in my google name and password and it synced everything all on it's own. All my appointments are there, all my contacts are there, everything I have on my Google and phone transferred in 2 minutes. When I added content at my phone it sent it strait to my computer, I didn't have to use the sync on my computer.
The only down side is on the free version it only allows for two emails, for me that is fine as I only have two. For some who have more this may not be ideal and it may not be what everyone is looking for, but for me this email client has done everything I wanted it to.

Download | Email Client and Calendar Software for Windows 7, Vista and XP
Edit: This link is to the eM website. The board automatically changed it to the site description.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need a third party program on your computer? Why don't you just use Google Calendar in a browser? Was there something that the program does that Google Calendar wasn't doing?

dewmik

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Dev I am kinda anal about keeping organized. I Like having everything in one spot. I don't want to open a browser, then open email, then open notes/to-do list. With this and the scheduler I have on my phone I don't have to. It is all in one place on the respective devices. Also if don't have the Internet access to get to Google calender it's not an issue, in fact I rarely go to Google calender. I more use Google as a tool to transfer information to and from my phone. Then when I am out and about I use my phone to keep organized like a PDA.
I like having the computer interface, and the organization that having a calender on my computer allows. From my computer if someone emails me for an appointment I can move it right to my calendar., If I am on the phone I can type the information as they talk and when I to go through paper work I can organize my day or week all right there at one spot. I don't have to be on the Internet to put in or take out info. Then if I do have to change my schedule on the fly I can do that on my phone and the event will be recorded on my computer.
I have to justify my time and parts that I used so and it is not acceptable to say to someone "well look here on my phone". Having a calender on my computer allows me to keep a record of events, so when needed I can say, OK I was here at this time on this day, then follow my paper trail of parts used, print it and put it in a paper file or email the information.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I gotcha. I use Google to perform all of those functions, but, whatever works for you, ya know? Whenever I'm at a computer, I'm on the internet, so, it's not an issue for me. And, I figured I'd just adopt Google products for all that I do, as, my phone is Android, and, I assume all of Google's products will play nice together. That is my logic anyway. But, whatever works for you.

I too use my phone to keep my life organized like a PDA, so, I definitely understand you wanting things setup the way you want them. I'd be lost without my phone!! :'(

dewmik

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This may be a bit off my original topic but ,,, Dev you are on the right train being online all the time and utilizing the features and tools it provides. I was reading an article about people moving at a rapid rate to Tablets based on Google/Apple technology and away from PC's and Laptops.
I said that I was not online all the time but that in fact is not true. I may not be online on my laptop 24/7 but I am via my Android phone. My only lock to the laptop is in fact because I haven't bought a Tablet. The future evolution we will see in communication technology will basically be a Google/Apple takeover. With the ability Tablets, Android, and IPhones provide Microsoft and other similar companies that have ridden on PC/laptop technology will start falling into the river.
While I will say that if I had a Tablet I would still look for apps that are more comfortable for me, such as I have 3rd party apps on my phone. However while I may very well have an email client that I prefer on a Tablet, I would be better able to utilize its resources that it provides riding the Google rail instead of my MS based laptop.
Google and Apple are maneuvering themselves in a great well thought out position. Not only utilizing the Internet, GPS and Voip, but also coming up with new ways to enhance personial use and abilities. With the Internet becoming more readily available through cell and WiFi Google and Apple have gotten in the fast lane and taken the lead in innovation and product enhancements. All while Microsoft and similar companies seam to be just trying to make new versions of existing products based on PC and laptop technology that is rapidly becoming obsolete. Plus other companies especially cell phone makers are quickly getting on the Google Android train not to mention Cell phone carriers, consumer outlets, and even public and private transportation
Right now most of the Android and IPhone apps are mostly for individual entertainment, navigation and personial organization. However we will soon see tablets and phones do more and provide some off line programs that the MS based PC dose now such as Personal documents enhanced with the added ability to easily carry and or transfer data to another location or access point. I think the only things that they need to increase to get to that point is Internet availability in ares that lack it via cell, WiFi or GPS. I can be in Denver and go to a Starbucks and get online, and throughout many parts of NJ the cities have WiFi coverage. but areas that lack cell and Wifi coverage are still in the dark. The other hurdles are small such as battery life and user security. However both those are easily overcome.
I can say with 100% certainty that I will not be purchasing the next Microsoft OS. Especially at the cost. Instead I will look to moving to a Google based tablet. In fact I am amazed that some people are still choosing to purchase Windows 7 at $300 instead of purchasing a Tablet. My personial preference however would be to have an attached physical keyboard. I would like to see Tablet technology designed similar to a laptop with an attached keyboard. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I mean, I'm sure that's the case. At this point, I think I could almost justify having a cheaper laptop and a tablet. But, I'm in no rush for a tablet at this point. I might actually be picking up a cheaper laptop rather soon.

I dunno man, I don't see Microsoft ever going away.

While I agree that Microsoft isn't relevant in the cell phone world, they are still the number one OS around the world. I have no citation on that, but, someone, please, prove me wrong. :p Software development and anything involving graphics or video are always going to need bleeding edge technology, and, as components get smaller and smaller, there is really no need for the physical tower to get any smaller. Sure, when computers took up an entire room, there was a need for PCs. But, with PCs being the size that they are, using a tablet would provide no benefit when you could have a PC that takes up more room, but, is far more powerful.

Well, not much you can do about that, other than build more cell towers. Or switch to Verizon. There network covers pretty much anywhere you could be in the U.S. I've never had any issues, even in sorta remote places. And, I mean, your phone is just meant to provide you with access to those things while you aren't at a computer. So, it's like an added bonus to have it IMO. I'd never want to think about replacing my computer with a phone or a tablet. And, I work in IT, so, I'm on computers and my phone all day long at work, and, generally a lot after work. I'm always connected whenever I WANT to be (sometimes it's nice to disconnect) and I love it. I love that I can sort through some email while waiting at a traffic light that I know will take several minutes without moving an inch.

Wuh? $300? You can get Windows 7 Professional for way cheaper. Here is the OEM version for 140 bucks:

Amazon.com: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack: Software

I scored it on sale for I believe $120. That is worth it IMO. And, Windows 7 is actually a really great operating system. I've been running it on several boxes for a while now and I love it. The way it runs is much improved, and, the new UI is great. I switch mine to the minimized graphics 2000 look for performance reasons, not really concerned about a pretty OS, but, the functionality of the UI is vastly improved. I was a huge 2000/XP fan, but, 7 is now my favorite.

Well, if you want a keyboard, just score something like this for when you need that functionality:

http://www.amazon.com/Android-Table...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1647444

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech