Rookie mistakes while flashing ROM- help would be appreciated!

ckyo01

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,

It is probably apparent that I made an account for the purpose of creating this thread, but I truly have nowhere else to turn. Help would be appreciated.

As the title states, I have no experience rooting/flashing/etc. I decided to venture into that realm today and successfully rooted my Galaxy Nexus. I installed ROM Manager and flashed Clockwork Recovery for GSM [because I followed a guide].

I tried to flash Codename Android via Recovery Mode but I realized that the Codename Android is a CDMA ROM. The mistake I made was to flash the gapps first. After that, I booted up and none of my google apps work, such as Gmail, Market, and even the Home button. I'm not sure exactly what I did after...but now my phone is stuck at the Google splash screen with the unlocked padlock on the bottom of the screen. I tried to factory reset via Recovery Mode and emptied all of the caches. However, I cannot even get past the Google splash screen anymore. Any insight would be greatly greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ckyo01

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rookie mistakes while flashing ROM- help would be appreciated

So at first I had tried to flash the Codename Android (CDMA) rom but it failed so I assumed it was because I had chosen the GSM version of Clockwork Recovery. Then I stupidly went and flashed gapps.

Is it possible for me to somehow get the phone back to stock settings unrooted and all?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There is something called wugs galaxy nexus tool kit. Its in the the forums as a sticky. Download that and follow the directions you should be good to go.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/147177-automated-wugs-galaxy-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-3-updated-1-22-a.html

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx

ckyo01

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rookie mistakes while flashing ROM- help would be appreciated

It seems as if that is solely for PC, I guess I should've mentioned that I am a Mac user. Sorry about that.