Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sd card not there?

Ok, I've got a galaxy s (at&t) well its not "seeing" the sd card I've inserted. It wont mount/unmount, format, well anything. I can take it out put it in turn it off/in in every combination I can think of. It has mount sd card and format in the settings/sd & phone storage area but they arenot highlighted (grey) and do nothing if I select them. Any sugestions, I really need the extra storage!

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: sd card not there?

The only thing I can think of immediately is, do you have it connected to an Exchange server for work that may enforce policies to not allow SD cards and such?

Have you tried a battery pull then a fresh boot up, then insert the card? Or perhaps a battery pull, then insert SD card re-insert battery and then boot it?
    BB Z10 (STL100-3 : 10.2.0.1371) on AT&T
    Got Beer?

Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Quote Originally Posted by lord akira View Post
    Ok, I've got a galaxy s (at&t) well its not "seeing" the sd card I've inserted. It wont mount/unmount, format, well anything. I can take it out put it in turn it off/in in every combination I can think of. It has mount sd card and format in the settings/sd & phone storage area but they arenot highlighted (grey) and do nothing if I select them. Any sugestions, I really need the extra storage!
    Try reformatting the sd card on the computer, before you put it into the phone.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have it only for personal use. And about to try all methods described above, ill come back with the results!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, here's where I stand. I've tried the battery/card in all combinations. Dropped it into the comp and nothing. Took my 2gig and dropped it in the comp and it came up, also comes up on my phone. So I'm guessing I've fired my 16 gig somehow. I guess ill buy another:/ anyhow thanks for the help. Here's something you might not know, straight talk now offers sim cards on their website, you can convert any smartphone into straight talk. I did my galaxy. You buy a sim regular/micro, yes you can do iphone!, its $15 then get you a $45 unlimited card. Activate both and change just a few settings on your phone (included with sim) and your done. Only drawback I've found is no teathering/hotspot. But I'm sure if you "root" or find the right app you can get around it! thanks again!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

SD cards do go bad - glad you were able to narrow it down quickly.

Good luck with the Straight talk conversion as well.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.