Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Device to pc connection options

On my Evo 4g, when I connected to the computer via USB, there was a menu with choice of Charge only, mount as disk drive, USB tether, or PCsync.
    I just got a Samsung Epic 4g Touch. When I swipe down the notification it says USB is connected MTP-Connected mode. I cannot find anything that works in the settings. Other posts say that you can pull down a menu like on the Evo. I don;t see this.
    I have found a button for tethering in the wireless and network settings. Am I missing something? Does this just work differently?
    Am I looking for something I don't need? And WTF can we do about the sound of the camera shutter!!

Thanks for your help.
    JEM

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Device to pc connection options

Go into Settings and look for USB Debugging - Turn that on and your options should re-appear.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Device to pc connection options

Quote Originally Posted by epicmoi View Post
    And WTF can we do about the sound of the camera shutter!!

JEM
    Press the menu button when in camera mode, then go to settings. In there is an option for Shutter Tone, un-check it.