Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which Phone?

Heya guys! I'm new to these forums. ^.^

Anyways, I was thinking of getting a new phone, and I'm not sure whether to get the Galaxy Nexus, S2, or Galaxy Note. Or, should I try waiting for S3? Anyone got any idea when that'll be out?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Which Phone?

Rumors keep flying about when the S3 will come out... just check out the recent Blog post here on AC: Samsung Galaxy S3 is/isn't coming, Part VIII

If you are waiting for the next big thing, then wait... but be warned that there will be something better the day or two after you buy any phone. Find one you like and go for it.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

IMO the best way to find out which phone to get is to play with the ones that are available to you, meaning whatever carrier you're on or plan to be on. Go into the store and get some hands on time. Waiting depends on your situation. Do you need a phone now/soon? If not, and you think you might like what's coming, then wait.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I've been putting up with a LG C2500 for the past few years.. which is exactly why I'm trying to find the best choice now. XD

I would prefer to get a new phone by end of april. If S3 is coming during early May though, I wouldn't mind, would wait for it.

And I guess Pazzo's suggestion does make sense, I should probably go to the shop and get some hands on experience, and see which I prefer.

if you're looking for high-quality res DON'T go with Motorola RAZR, I still regret not getting a samsung

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

What carrier are you with? I'm with AT&T, i have a Vivid, and i couldn't be happier.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

I'm a recent iPhone convert I got a Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket I couldn't be happyier wish I would have made the switch sooner

Sent from my skyrocket
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I live in Singapore, so I would probably be going with Singtel or Starhub as a carrier.

Note or nexus. That is the question. Hmm..

I did a brief "hands on" with both the Note and the Gnex (roughly about 5 minutes each). Unless you NEED the extra screen size of the Note I'd recommend the Gnex. The Note was pretty cool, but I can see myself getting tired of having something that large with me at all times. The Gnex is a bit more portable/pocketable and (to me) felt far more comfortable to handle and use.