Can't stop/exit some apps from Go Launcher

wyt168

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Galaxy Skyrocket (jumped ship from iPhone 4) and switched the launcher to Go Launcher EX. However, I noticed that I can't exit/quit some of the apps by choosing the "close" option for the running app. In Go Launcher, you can get a list of (background) running apps and if you tap the icon of an app, you get a pop-up with options "close", "lock', "goto", and "info". I would think by choosing "close', it would "exit" or "quit" the app, and clear the memory footprint. However, for some apps, like Facebook, Tweeter (actually TweetCaster), etc.--they will disappear for a while and come back again. So the "close" action does not really "kill" the app.
How can I really kill the app? I don't want Tweeter to be constantly running in the background and pulling down hundreds of tweets.
Also how can I stop some apps, e.g. Facebook, from pre-loading? I don't want these apps running in the background eating up the resources when I don't need them. There must be a way, Just haven't figure it out yet.
Thanks in advance!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend that you go into the Settings of the app... and change the refresh rate down to maybe once every 4 hours or longer... if you have it set to the default value it's probably still set for once an hour and the operating system will bring it back to do it's refresh... then maybe just keep it in memory because it will be needed again in an hour so it takes less battery to leave it in memory then to remove it and launch it again later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm