1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Question Wirefly sells used phones?

So, my Verizon contract is up, so I've been researching phones. I stopped by an authorized reseller for Verizon phones the other day and checked out some of the phones. Didn't pick one up, though.

My brother mentioned a sale price he found on Radio SHacks website, and I confirmed it. Since I didn't remember the price at the store, I decided to call over there tonight before I pulled the trigger on the on-line purchase. The salesperson who answered mentioned that they match Verizon's store prices, but they don't match on-line prices. Fair enough.

However, when I mentioned on-line (i.e., Amazon, etc), she said, "Oh, Amazon? That's Wirefly... they're selling used phones!"

I was confused -- sure, the on-line price at Wirefly is over $100 better than Verizon's store price, but there's no indication on the site that they're not selling new merchandise.

So, what's the scoop? Are the on-line deals out there, really for used phones? (Maybe "used" is the wrong term. Are these phones that have been returned (let's say, within the 14 day period) and are being marketed as "new"?)

Anybody have any insight?

Thanks!

Larry

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Default Re: Wirefly sells used phones?

Amazon sells new and used phones but if it is a refurb phone it will be listed on the product page. I bought my HTC Amaze from Amazon and it was brand new.

Default Re: Wirefly sells used phones?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryPGH View Post
    So, my Verizon contract is up, so I've been researching phones. I stopped by an authorized reseller for Verizon phones the other day and checked out some of the phones. Didn't pick one up, though.

My brother mentioned a sale price he found on Radio SHacks website, and I confirmed it. Since I didn't remember the price at the store, I decided to call over there tonight before I pulled the trigger on the on-line purchase. The salesperson who answered mentioned that they match Verizon's store prices, but they don't match on-line prices. Fair enough.

However, when I mentioned on-line (i.e., Amazon, etc), she said, "Oh, Amazon? That's Wirefly... they're selling used phones!"

I was confused -- sure, the on-line price at Wirefly is over $100 better than Verizon's store price, but there's no indication on the site that they're not selling new merchandise.

So, what's the scoop? Are the on-line deals out there, really for used phones? (Maybe "used" is the wrong term. Are these phones that have been returned (let's say, within the 14 day period) and are being marketed as "new"?)

Anybody have any insight?

Thanks!

Larry
    Hi Larry,
    I just wanted to let you know that we (Wirefly) do not sell used or refurbished phones. All of our phones are brand new from the carrier. The phones you order from Wirefly are the exact same devices you'd get from going to a carrier retail store. In fact, as the internet's #1 authorized dealer for Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile, we only activate devices from certified carrier distributors. Every device has a full U.S. warranty. You can read more about Wirefly and our satisfaction guarantee here: .

Also, we are not affiliated with Amazon and their wireless phone store. We are 2 seperate companies. I hope that this answers your questions, but if there is anything else that I can answer for you or assist you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.