Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 941 error help

I've been getting a lot of 941 errors in the market place when I try and update apps. Is anyone else having this issue after upgrading to ICS?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: 941 error help

Try clearing cache and data in the Play Store app. Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> All

If that does not work uninstall the Play Store update and try to update again.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    cintra 

ROM
    2.6.35.7-Gingerbread.EL30

"URGENT HELP REQUESTED" - I Cannot Download Updates due to ERROR 941 on Google Play/Android Market.
    Attention Forum Admins, Developers, Advanced Users, Android Friends, "Please help me"

Ever since Android Market changed/rebranded to Google Play I get the Error 941 error message as soon as I attempt to update my software on my Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (Gingerbread 2.3.6, Model SPH-D700). I also tried to clear the cache, as suggested above, without any success. So, I would appreciate any help from our Android community. Thank You.

Note: Since my phone is under a new, 2-year contract, I am using stock kernel, and will not mod my phone. Thanks.

Update: (March 29, 2012)
    The apps I cannot update are: TeleNav GPS Navigator, Adobe Flash Player 11, and Google Maps. (Error message 941)
    The app I can update is: Battery Widget. (Zero errors)
    Last edited by fred1955; 03-29-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Last night I was getting the same error code, in addition to others, for the first time since the Market re-branded. Since I was using a CM9 ROM I figured it was the ROM and reverted back to stock for the time being. Hopefully this all gets sorted out.

ROM
    N/A

If the person who opened the topic can make the tittle more better so it could be noticed more Advanced users or developers. Thanks.

Since yesterday I have been getting error message when updating apps in the Play Store But I didn't wanted to open another topic where we can put our problems into one topic.

Error message is "[app name] could not be download due to an error. (940)" this message first came up when I wanted to update Google maps after seeing the new version from AndroidCentral.

This message also affected Adobe flash player as well so I couldn't update this two apps from the market.

Now this two apps don't show in my apps at the market or when I search them.

Another app called Racing Moto was having the same issue yesterday but today gives me this message

"Your content-filtering level doesn't allow you to download this item" I have triple checked the filtering and its not that.

I wanted to make this description properly of this error message because when I was searching on Google about this message they were also a few people with this problem that were complaining on Google forum.

My Device is HTC Desire HD 2.3.5

Many Thanks.

ROM
    Stock

I was getting the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 after Android Market changed to Play Store. I very quickly resolved the problem by clearing the cache and data in the Play Store. Go to Settings >Applications> Manage Applications> Downloaded. Scroll down to Google Play Store and select. Clear the cache and the data. Return Home and open the Play Store app or, select Applications and find the Play Store icon. Follow the directions and update the apps with the 941 Error. This fix seems to work very well and is painless.
    Last edited by Andy in Mokum; 03-30-2012 at 02:27 AM.
    Thanked by 5:
    sir_omega13 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I had truer all that apps I got errors on went away but new apps would then get them. It got to the point I had to do a factory reset and so far so good. Though a tad extream that's what I was left with

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Did anyone try to clear cache and data from the Play Store app as Andy and I suggested? None of your posts mention if you tried this or not.

If not, then your first step is to clear cache and data from the Play Store app and if that does not work, uninstall the last update, update your apps, re-install the Play Store update.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    sir_omega13 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes I had cleared the cache many times before resorting to a reset. For my situation that was the only answer.

ROM
    Stock

Clear the data too, not just the cache. That aught to fix the problem.
    Thanked by 2:
    sir_omega13 likes this.

ROM

Hey Andy.

Thanks for your quick response. I did everything you suggested with no success. My Google Play Store screen only shows two active buttons: Force Stop and Uninstall updates. I cannot click the Clear Cache or Clear Data buttons because they both are inactive and dimmed out. My Sprint phone is the Samsung Epic 4G with Gingerbread 2.3.6.

My phone has plenty of available storage and memory: 225 MB free and 13 GB external storage available on my SD card.
    I also chatted with Sprint yesterday, they prepared a problem ticket for me and suggested I chat with their technical department today.

This is a strange issue since I can easily update other apps such as: Battery Widget with no problem.
    Yet, the only three apps I cannot update are: TeleNav GPS, Google Maps, and Adobe Player 11.

P.S. If anyone else in these forums have methods that may help us with this issue, please share at your convenience. Kind Regards.
    Last edited by fred1955; 03-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.

ROM
    N/A

Thanks PvilleComp & Andy in Mokum

For your quick responses clearing cache didn't however clearing google play data helped and I can update google maps where I couldn't before.

The only app that I can't update at the moment on my Desire HD is Adobe flash player it gives me a error message " Your order is processing . Your item will be available in a few minutes"

Cant complain though It did soft most of the problem.

Thanks again

ROM

Thank you everyone. It is working for me now. Great forum.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Twist View Post
    Thanks PvilleComp & Andy in Mokum

For your quick responses clearing cache didn't however clearing google play data helped and I can update google maps where I couldn't before.

The only app that I can't update at the moment on my Desire HD is Adobe flash player it gives me a error message " Your order is processing . Your item will be available in a few minutes"

Cant complain though It did soft most of the problem.

Thanks again

I posted a thread about that issue a few days ago some one suggested uninstalling the market ap then reinstalling it. I tryed it and was able to download adobe flash and run it fine after that. Hope this helps.

I was getting the 941 error for google maps and lookout updates. Clearing the data and cache for google play changed the error to a problem processing the purchase. Uninstalling the updates for google play did the trick.

Just Clear cache and data from play store application in settings.

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by dingo277 View Post
    I posted a thread about that issue a few days ago some one suggested uninstalling the market ap then reinstalling it. I tryed it and was able to download adobe flash and run it fine after that. Hope this helps.
    Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply back, the trick with uninstalling updates to the Google play app really worked.

Uninstalled the updates on Google Play store updated Adobe Flash Player and restarted my phone so the market could get updated.

thanks dingo277 for the tip really appreciated

hi m michelle can you help me with the code 941

I never got this on Hero but got after two days on new Milestone X2. Tried the clearing of Data and Cache mentioned by Andy and was able to resume downloading. Thanks.

Thank you Andy. That did the trick for my Rezound.

Yeah that worked for me as well.

Had the "941 Error" Google Play trying to update APPs

Fix was as posted by Adviser but added the "Re-boot":

"Clearing cache and data in the Play Store app. Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> All

If that does not work uninstall the Play Store update, Re-boot and then try to update again"

FIXED!

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

Thanks everyone! Just today I couldn't load apps and clearing the cache and data worked like a charm for my Bionic!

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Try clearing cache and data in the Play Store app. Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> All

If that does not work uninstall the Play Store update and try to update again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this, I followed the advice after I got this error code on my HTC sensation whilst trying to install adobe flash player. It took my app store back to the marketplace version which allowed me to install flash player with no problems

Thumbs up Re: 941 error help

Just had this on my stepdaughter's Galaxy X while trying to download the facebook app. Heeded the advice from PvilleComp & Andy in Mokum and it cleared right up. Thanks guys!

i. need help. when i try to download apps all i get is this app can nte.downloaded do tocontent le
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast