digitizer Keeps Cracking

atvguy64

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have replaced my Evo4g digitizer following a major fall. I had to replace the lcd screen as well. Since then, my Evo has had to have the digitizer replaced twice in the past two weeks due to it cracking. It cracks with very little, if any pressure is put on it, as it is in my pocket when this occurs. Why would my digitizer keep cracking? What could I have possibly done wrong during the replacement process that would cause the digitizer to crack? Any ideas or help to solve this problem would be appreciated, as I cant keep replacing the digitizer!!!

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it's under stress in the case and just a little more pressure is enough to crack it. Are you sure you have everything seated the way it should be? All the wires are routed the correct way and the screws are taught but not cranked down?

Just a thought. I always like to go back over the fundamentals first with this kind of stuff.

atvguy64

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I tend to agree with you on the stress issue, but I am not sure what I may have missed. The wires are correct, and the screws are tight, but not too tight. Maybe I am missing a part.. let me explain... I have the following attached.... the outer case, then the red battery case, then the motherboard, then the lcd, and then the digitizer... I want to say there was a metal piece in there when I took it apart, but I cant remember. Any ideas??

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Looking at this there seems to be a metal piece under the LCD - Do you see anything you missed in this?

[YT]watch?v=hwDysxiiYu8[/YT]