Nexus S won't boot back up.

Gilroid

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've had my Nexus S with the ICS 4.0.3 for a while now and this past Wednesday got the push notification to my phone. It supposedly downloaded the latest version of the ICS 4.0.4 and loaded it to my phone. After doing so it tried to reboot but couldn't, it just powers up and stays stuck on the Google logo. I've removed the batter many times and tried powering it back up and get the same result each time. I've tried the topical rebooting bootloader & recovery mode by holding the volume up & power button as well. When going into the recovery mode it say Google then the Androind character pops up then it shows the Android character on its back with an open latch & red triangle with and exclamation mark in it. Then, i press and hold the volume up & power buttton which takes me to Android sysmtem recovery <3e>. I've selected reboot system as well as apply update from /sdcard but it doesn'tt solve the issue. When I select the apply update from /sdcard it says "choose a package to install: /sdcard" and at the bottom of the screen it says "E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)". I don't want to wipe data/factory reset yet until it is my last result. I could care less about the new ICS software for not but I do need to recover my data from the phone. Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks