Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using Wifi Cable Card Tuner to Watch TV

Does anyone know a way to watch tv from a wifi cable card tuner like this one: Amazon.com: SiliconDust HDHR3-CC HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD TV tuners: Electronics

It is called the HDHomeRun cable card.

Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Using Wifi Cable Card Tuner to Watch TV

Not on your phone. This particular card is designed to work with Windows Media Player or with another like card. Without an App or a web interface to view content, which this does not appear to have, there's no way to view this card on your phone.

Sorry.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Default Re: Using Wifi Cable Card Tuner to Watch TV

I know that this was an old post but I would like to know if there is any chance to access the cablecard tuner via a Revue or Google TV? What about for the future? I think the Ceton Echo extender seems to be overpriced and unreliable so far. I have a laptop slipped behind one of my tv's and I might use an Xbox for another since I can hide it and don't have to hear and see the massive box. I have an Acer Revo but that doesn't have the power to drive the tuner as far as I can tell so far. The Google TV sees the tuners along with my other media servers but won't connect. I have seen some Android hacks but I am not that skilled.

Thanks.