Choosing a phone help? --Verizon

bbguy27

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone... I'm fairly new to the android world and could use some guidance from the android community. I started off with a blackberry and moved to an iPhone 4. I do enjoy the iPhone, but I find myself getting bored with it. And it's not the apps that I'm bored with but the layout and use. I think my problem is that it is so easy and simple to use that it's not a fun experience anymore.

From what I've read here on these forums, android seems to be very customizable as far as layouts and menus and themes. That definitely appeals to me. Also, I'm a college student who does a fair amount of messaging through texts and email as well as a lot of web surfing and some games. I usually have access to an outlet so some of the reports about the battery not lasting all day isn't absolutely critical.

So I guess what I could use some help with is if people could suggest android/ an android phone that:
1. Has customization and themes that keep things fresh. (even if it takes more screen taps to get things done)

2. Has some decent student student apps like for flashcards and class planning.

***3. Is on Verizon. Also, I would either be buying off contract or eBay since I'm still on my contract for a bit yet. So maybe a compromise between cost and modern OS version would be appreciated. Although I would consider buying full retail if the phone was recommended highly.

I apologize if I rambled or omitted any details... I looked through many posts about phone recommendations but many were from people going from android to another android.

If anyone had any thoughts or advice I would really appreciate it...

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I would either wait for the Samsung Galexy "Journal" from Verizon otherwise known as the Galexy Note with at&t, or go with the Samsung Galexy Nexus if you can't wait until summer :)
Have Fun Shopping :)
-Isaac-

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If costs is also an issue, Verizon is discounting several nice phone. I believe the Rezound is one of those devices and would probably fit the bill nicely. If want a newer device then try holding out if you can and see what is released within the forthcoming months.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to find good deals on both the Rezound and the Incredible 2 as well. Both good phones that should serve you well.

Most phones you would buy today will have access to just about any app in the Play Store so app availability should not be a factor, unless you are getting an Eris or something older like that.

The ability to customize the UI is one of the most fun aspects of Android. And when you get tired of doing what you can do as a regular user, then you can come to the dark side and root your phone for a plethora of customizations.

For more info in general, and for a nice iPhone -> Android tutorial, check out these threads as well.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

Reactions: bbguy27

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek