On laptops there is almost always a way to set different parameters depending on whether or not it is connected to line power or running on the battery.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a way to do this for the EVO. I'd like to be able to set the screen off timer to 'never' if the phone is plugged in, but have a regular 1 or 2 minute time out when on battery.
    06-08-2010 02:56 PM
    as far as the regular timeout, just set that in your display settings. to keep the screen awake while charging, go to menu>settings>applications>development and check the option to stay awake while charging
    06-08-2010 06:33 PM
    Excellent - thanks for the quick reply.
    06-08-2010 11:45 PM
    in 2.1 you have batery profiles, but you cant make it stay on while pluged in
    06-09-2010 07:58 AM
    in 2.1 you have batery profiles, but you cant make it stay on while pluged in
    You can..! it's in the settings too..
    06-09-2010 02:28 PM
    On laptops there is almost always a way to set different parameters depending on whether or not it is connected to line power or running on the battery.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a way to do this for the EVO. I'd like to be able to set the screen off timer to 'never' if the phone is plugged in, but have a regular 1 or 2 minute time out when on battery.
    X2!!
    06-29-2010 11:36 AM
    as far as the regular timeout, just set that in your display settings. To keep the screen awake while charging, go to menu>settings>applications>development and check the option to stay awake while charging
    thank you!!!:d
    09-14-2010 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD