1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen off times

On laptops there is almost always a way to set different parameters depending on whether or not it is connected to line power or running on the battery.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a way to do this for the EVO. I'd like to be able to set the screen off timer to 'never' if the phone is plugged in, but have a regular 1 or 2 minute time out when on battery.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

as far as the regular timeout, just set that in your display settings. to keep the screen awake while charging, go to menu>settings>applications>development and check the option to stay awake while charging
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Excellent - thanks for the quick reply.

in 2.1 you have batery profiles, but you cant make it stay on while pluged in

Quote Originally Posted by broli View Post
    in 2.1 you have batery profiles, but you cant make it stay on while pluged in
    You can..! it's in the settings too..

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgwerks View Post
    On laptops there is almost always a way to set different parameters depending on whether or not it is connected to line power or running on the battery.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a way to do this for the EVO. I'd like to be able to set the screen off timer to 'never' if the phone is plugged in, but have a regular 1 or 2 minute time out when on battery.
    X2!!

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    as far as the regular timeout, just set that in your display settings. To keep the screen awake while charging, go to menu>settings>applications>development and check the option to stay awake while charging
    thank you!!!:d