Can i Use my PC as a BlueTooth Stero?

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, i was looking at some of these BT small stereos for use with our phones and and think how much nicer it would be to just use my pc as a Bluetooth stereo, i have a Bluetooth dongle for my PC and could like to know how i could go about doing this, id like to have it set up so i could just connect and play. i cant bring myself to buy another unit when i have a nice speaker set for my computer.

xljetmedic

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I used my samsung galaxy s to stream music to my hp laptop using bluetooth.

You just need to pair the bluetooth on your phone to your computer. Usually when you pair the two you must input a code in both devices.

So yes it can be done.

xljetmedic

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you try to re install the drivers for your phone. My galaxy S was a pain yo pair but usually after a few attempts it would work.

Also try deleting you phone from the Bluetooth on the computer and try to pair the 2 again.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What OS are you running? I don't recall having to install any drivers to connect my phone to my Windows 7 box via Bluetooth.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Check your BT dongle & BT version settings on your PC Dongle

- Turn on BT & check & see if you are paired with your device

- After pairing then check BT settings on PC to see if audio function (or what functions) is available for your device

FYI: Some versions of BT and/or drivers with some devices do not have audio functions, also if using Win7 x64 can be very non-BT friendly to BT dongles

Hope that helps

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i am actually having issues pairing, it seems my PC can not find the drivers for my samsung phone, nor can i
BT pairing doesn't depend on drivers. Go to (in your phone) Settings/Wireless & networks/Bluetooth settings and press Discoverable. (Of course Bluetooth has to be turned on.) Then your PC should find the phone.

If it still doesn't, your PC's Bluetooth stack may not have whatever function your phone uses. (Not all BT stacks have all BT functions - for instance, the one that comes with Windows can't connect to a BT headset for audio.)