How can I get the Google Calendar app back?

wutangshogun

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
A while back I deleted the Google Calendar app because I thought I would never use it. Now I need it back, and it doesn't look like you can get it off the market. How can I get it back? My phone is a droid incredible, its not rooted or anything like that. Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? Stock? If you are rooted just re-flash a ROM and you'll have it back. If you are stock, locate the RUU .exe file and run the program on a windows based computer to return the device back to stock. You'll have to back up all your data ahead because it will factory reset the device and you'll lose everything.

Take a peak through the Dinc forums and see what you find in there.

wutangshogun

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone is stock. Where could I locate the RUU file, and is there anyway at all to simply reinstall the app without resetting the entire phone?

Thanks clod but all that says is that the calendar is only available to phones as a native Android app. Unforunately I deleted mine.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
well i tried copying my calender and calender provider apks and both times it copied over as googleplay apk so perhaps resyncing with google would help... do you have a nandroid backup you could go to?... ill attach my googleplay.apk just in case you want to try installing it... you can always just dl another calender app like calengoo, etc... :)

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
There are other calendar apps that will work in its place. ( as long as you haven't deleted the calendar storage apk as well) I have a rooted phone w/ Backside IHO rom. I deleted the stock calendar and use Business Calendar App. It syncs to my google calendar online storage without problem. There are others too. Downloads are ok just keep them synced and no worries
If you have a stock rom the same thing applies. Don't sweat!

sweethomeru

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem in that I accidentally deleted my calendar app. I have a rooted HTC EVO 4G. Could you link me into the solution?

sweethomeru

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for responding.

I ended up deleting all the calendar files. :(

I would appreciate any step by step instructions you could give in how to try to solve the problem.

I have already done a Factory Data Reset and that hasn't helped. I've also done a clockwork backup but unfortunately it was after my deletion.

I wish there was a way I could reload everything (preloaded apps included) to the way it was when I turned it on. I would rebuild it after that.

Thanks for helping. I really need to get a calendar working (syncing with google). I downloaded Google Biz calendar but that didn't sync. Would reloading HTC drivers help?

Thanks

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
sweethomeru

This link has instructions for returning to Stock for the EVO 4G

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...19278-how-unroot-return-stock-ruu-method.html

The steps are simple, install HTC Sync on your PC, connect your phone to the PC, Download the RUU .exe file to your PC and then run the program on your PC. It will re-image you phone to the latest official build.

NOTE - this will reset your phone, but from your previous posts you've already done that so yo should already have your data backed up.

Good luck.

PS: I saw your Post in the DInc forum as well. I'll update my response there, you did not mention in that post that you had an EVO 4g. ;)