1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with radio problem, ARM9 crashes

Hi there!

After coming back from a trip where I didnt used the Mobile networks at all in my HTC Desire S, Im finding that every time it tries to connect to a WCDMA network it reboots, entering in a reboot loop until I disable the data connection. It only works if I set the Network mode on "GSM only" on the Mobile networks-> Network mode menu.

The error log shows at the end the following lines:

[SMD]ARM9 has CRASHED
    [SMD]smem: DIAG [Radiofatal]
    FATAL: rrc (rrcccm.c:04558) Failure adding acq.entry (irq:0)
    Restarting Linux

I havent mess with the phone at all, no flashing, rooting or S-Off mode.

I have Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 and radio 20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M

The only thing I can think is flashing the radio, or flashing an official ROM, which for what i have understood would flash the radio too. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Help with radio problem, ARM9 crashes

If it's still under warranty I'd bring it to a carrier owned store and ask them to fix it. It'll probably be faster than trying to find the information you'll need to do it yourself.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The problem is that I bought it used, so I would have to reach the former owner to ask him for the store's ticket.

Thanks for the response!

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

If he bought it from the carrier it might still be covered. The worst that can happen is that they tell you it's not, and you'll have to contact him.