1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone to Phone Direct VoIP

I'm going on a cruise, and want to do a direct IP to IP VoIP session between the wifes phone and mine.

D2 CM7
    Epic 4G CM9

please suggest an app.

VoIP or Jabber, possbly a ZeroConf deal, ideas?

If I really need a server will have a laptop with me. jsut avoiding a jabber server or asterisk.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Phone to Phone Direct VoIP

That depends on where the cruise will be going, or what provisions the ship has. You'll need a server that you can access. About the only phones I know of that could communicate phone to phone without a server are the Nextel Direct Connect phones.

Buy a couple of cheap Motorola or Uniden walky talkies and you can communicate as well as a phone-to-phone connection with no server needed. (IOW, you won't get from deep in the interior of the ship to deep in the interior of the ship - phone or walky talkie - unless the ship maintains wifi service - in which case you can use Skype.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

found BlueFi Phone, make s direct IP based calls over wifi or Bluetooth, and used ZeroCOnf for discovery it looks like,

With static IP's and the ships wifi I think It might work.

Also download 3CX Free server, just in case

If you looking sth for free, you can try our Vippie :-) and please, give us some feedback ;-)

Maybe you can use walkie talkie APPs ?

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX