Heading to the Googleplex! Anyone need anything while I'm there?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm heading up to the Bay area this weekend and want to stop and check out the center of the Android Universe, but I am clueless. Do they give tours? Is it an open campus that I can just explore? Where can I park, and is it free?

I've searched and couldn't find anything, although I do see some visitor parking outside building 44 (the Android android!) on Google Maps so I am hoping for the best. If anyone has any tips or insight please feel free to let me know what to do/where to go.

Also, I will do what I can to get some info from Andy, Sergey et al. I'm not opposed to a lighthearted kidnapping, a la Christmas Vacation. Let me know.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Heading to the Googleplex! Anyone need anything while I'm the

I'd recommend this! :)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1LUEFfC2vM[/YT]

Reactions: BigDinCA

I_Am_Incredible

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I've been looking for this exact info....! I mean I understand that its a place of business and all but its GOOGLE. I plan on being in the area in the next couple of months I would love to know what exactly is possible as far as just showing up..... do you have to call someone?

360Mobiles

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I was recently at el GOOG in Feb. I got a personal tour there because I knew a guy that worked there. I didn't really see much except I got to eat out of the AWESOME cafeteria. Everyone is very friendly there but don't just walk into a building without permission because they could get mad like any company can. I heard when I was there that Sergey hangs out around the campus so u might even see him if ur lucky( i didn't :( ). Defiantly take pictures in front of the Android and the tasty treats and don't forget that picture is just begging for a panorama. Anyways good luck with ur trip!

Reactions: BigDinCA

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Have you called their main number (650-253-0000) and inquired about tours? That would be the first thing I would do.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Unless Ahokin can tell you differently, you'd probably not see too much beyond cubicle farms. I used to work at the Discovery Channel HQ and people wanted tours all the time. Lots of cubes except for the editing rooms and layout areas. Really quite corporate except how people did up their cubicles which was always entertaining.

Dramirez484

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I visited Google Building 44 on September 22, 2013. I went on a Sunday morning. When I got there there was no one around so I deiced to quickly take some photos with the Android statues. I recommend going on a Sunday since there is no one around, Security did roll up but he didn't say anything he just smiled and waved hi and drove off. I didn't get a tour or eat for free at Google HQ. I just wanted to take some pics with the Android Statues. I recommend if you are going to be around the area.
Kikat.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

They're totally cool about people taking pics with the Android statues--that's what they're there for!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt