sony smart watch

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can pair it to android phones to get text calls and other things. I wasn't sure if it would pair with all android phones or just Sony phones. But I just saw a review saying it linked with the gnex (my device) so its all good

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome. I think watches are kinda silly, and, I haven't worn one for over ten years. But, if I needed a watch, it'd be something like this. :D

shaunm82

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its pretty cool. Been messing with it all day~ I haven't worn a watch for the longest either, but when I saw this I jumped on it, lol!

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
lol i havent worn a watch in about 15 years (hope im not showing my age lol)

but seemed cool, so i bought it, still setting it up and stuff

is there any dedicated forum to this smart watch?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
lol i havent worn a watch in about 15 years (hope im not showing my age lol)

but seemed cool, so i bought it, still setting it up and stuff

is there any dedicated forum to this smart watch?

It's not dedicated, but, the last post is about it, and, seems like where you'd find info on it if there wasn't a dedicated one.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/other-android-devices/

it doesnt work without an android phone actually

Doesn't even display time without one? Or doesn't do much because it doesn't have WiFi or anything?

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't even display time without one? Or doesn't do much because it doesn't have WiFi or anything?

Well when you get the watch, it has zero apps. To get apps you need a phone.

It will not even show time if you dont have a phone.(will just show the pairing screen,which means, u need a phone,it gets its time.....from a phone..)

The watch is ran/managed by an app on a phone. So no phone makes the watch totally useless

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well when you get the watch, it has zero apps. To get apps you need a phone.

It will not even show time if you dont have a phone.(will just show the pairing screen,which means, u need a phone,it gets its time.....from a phone..)

The watch is ran/managed by an app on a phone. So no phone makes the watch totally useless

Gotcha, makes sense. How does the watch connect to the phone? Bluetooth? If so, you'd think there would be a way to manage it from a PC as well.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
can you post a your thoughts & review when you get it?

I really like it & I'll get when one around July (since I'm outta the country now)

I remember seeing the previous model & I was about to buy it, but I spent the money on a G-Shock instead

I don't know how you guys get the out without a watch, I can't leave my house without wearing one !!!! Not wearing one makes me feel like walking naked ... ugghh

Honestly, when I get out I wear my watch before even getting my car keys, wallet & my Atrix

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My phone has a clock, and, I feel just as naked as you do without a watch when I don't have my phone. As for watches, unless you have something like this, I view them as jewelry or a fashion accessory. No thanks. Before cell phones were common, I wore a watch, but, once I had a cell phone, ditched the watch.

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, makes sense. How does the watch connect to the phone? Bluetooth? If so, you'd think there would be a way to manage it from a PC as well.

Yes bluetooth connection
I imagine you could, hmm maybe i'll try to connect it to my laptop that has bluetooth and see what happens
But think would run into a problem with not having a PC app
With the android app thats what you use to download all apps, and set the settings for phone(alerts/widgets n stuff)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Figures.

Yea, I'd be curious to see what happens. Probably nothing other than device recognition.

Well, when I said that, I meant if there was a PC app. :p

Well, if it connects to Google Play and you can see it as a device under your account, you might be able to push apps to it through a web browser on your computer, just like you can do for your phone or your tablet. I'm not sure if or how that would play out, but, if it could see your device, you should be able to push the apps to your watch. Any settings and whatnot you set with the management app you obviously couldn't do unless there were a PC app. It's interesting, but, probably a waste of time to even investigate.

Arthur Gonzalez

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
How did you get it to work. I recently received my Sony smart-watch and when i scan for Bluetooth devices, nothing shows up. Is there a way that you can tell me how you got it working. Thank you in advance