1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update to NO STATUS BAR

I updated my Droid 2 last night to v4.5.621 and now my status/notification bar is gone. I have not found where to cut it back on. Advice anyone?

Default Re: Update to NO STATUS BAR

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1970 View Post
    I updated my Droid 2 last night to v4.5.621 and now my status/notification bar is gone. I have not found where to cut it back on. Advice anyone?
    I'm having the exact same problem. I thought it might have been GO Launcher that was causing issues, but even if I switch to the stock Moto Blur home, the status bar isn't visible and I can't view new notifications.

If I reboot the phone, it comes back until I lock the screen and come back. I'll try futsing with the lock screen replacement I'm using to see if that has any effect.

I had been using Widget Locker to customize my home screen, and had it set to hide the Notifications Bar. I've unchecked the box, and so far, the bar hasn't gone away. Looks like the firmware update caused some problems for Widget Locker?

I'll be filing a ticket with them this afternoon if that seems to be the case. I liked having the notification bar hidden from the lock screen, but will take what I can get if it means I can actually check my new messages received...

Angry Re: Update to NO STATUS BAR

I've stopped using Widet Locker, and it had no effect. I even switched the default home back to the Moto Blur and it's not working.

In a thread on the Droid X forums, another user reported that they unhooked a yahoo email address and that solved the issue. I don't have a Yahoo! account to have hooked in, but just after this recent VZW update, I set up a corporate sync account. Going to try and remove that account to see if that fixes the issue, but really it seems like the root cause is the recent update.

I'd go in to a VZ store and throw it at their feet, but they'll just wipe it and if it doesn't work, shrug their shoulders...

This happened to my Droid2 after the same update a couple of days ago. Also, my phone keeps making an alert notification sound but there is nothing there since I have no status bar. It is not an alert sound that I use on any of my notifications. I have checked email and txt and have nothing new when the alert goes off. Also, phone just rang and there was nothing showing on phone. I had to press button to make a call and then, viola, the answer button was there. BTW I have no widgets or anything other than what comes with the phone to be causing the screw up. This is driving me crazy!!! Good for nothing update!!!!!

Hey everyone, I forgot to update this thread with my findings, sorry.

I got my phone back to "Like New" from a software standpoint, everything's working fine again. You WILL need to reset to factory defaults, you can find the directions .

This WILL wipe all of your apps but you can tell it to not wipe the SD card on the next screen by making sure that that check box is unchecked. Before wiping, I used Astro File Manager to back up all my apps' APKs to the SD card. Once it's done, go through and put your Google account back in, go to the Play Store and get Astro File Manager again and use it to restore your apps. You'll need to reconfig them, but at least you don't have to download them all from the market again and try to remember what you were using before.

I don't know who or what caused the no-status bar issue, but a factory reset does fix it.

Good luck!