How to change display settings in contacts that are synchronized?

confidencenik

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am using Samsung Galaxy S2 with Gingerbread and am currently facing a problem with my contacts. I have over 350 contacts on my 'phone'. Further, I have synchronized my contacts with my 'facebook', 'google / gmail' and 'linkedin' contacts, taking the total no. of contacts to over 500.

I use the 'join contact' feature to combine the 'phone', 'facebook', 'google / gmail' and 'linkedin' contacts belonging to a single person as I find it great to have all information together at one place for 1 person. But, here comes the problem I am facing.

When I create a contact on phone, I sometimes add a 'reminder code' (as I term it) in front of the person's first name so that I immediately remember who that person is. This code could be the initials of the company's name where he/she worked or may some place where we met or where they live, etc. Also, if I have two people with the same name, then this code helps me distinguish between the two.

But, when I sync my contacts with 'facebook', 'google / gmail' and 'linkedin' contacts, the default display name is picked up from either of these profiles of the person. Obviously, the person would not be using the 'reminder code' in his/her facebook or linked in profile to help me locate him/her in my memory, so I end up running my brains every time I want to call or receive a call.

What I would like to do is change some settings in my contacts, so that it ALWAYS displays my 'phone' contacts as my default and in case there are NO phone contacts for that person, then it displays whatever priority sequence it takes currently. Is there some way to do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital