Why all android users look up to ios?

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I was a iphone user, got sick of how apple treats humans and got me a simple optimus slider and love it soooo much

But I'm meeting people who say they love andriod, but say things like, "wish I could afford a iphone.."
"Wish I had a iphone.."

Etc
And one user who I respected like crazy, sent me pm saying he "finally" got a iphone and won't be coming here anymore...

Wthhh???

Am I the only one who really loves android? I'm sure I'm not tbh...

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an Optimus V and would never want an iPhone in 1,000,000 years. I love Android.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: basketthis

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Both are great devices and offer their own perks. I love the customizability of Android and don't see myself switching to an iPhone in the near future. I should add that our home is littered with Apple products, so I'm not an Android fanboy. Just prefer my phone OS to be Android based over the competition.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, if he can "finally afford an iPhone" chances are he had a low-end Android (since high-end are the same price).

You can't buy a cheap Android and then expect it to function as well as an iPhone. I know a couple people at work who went and bought a $50 Android phone (can't remember the model), then decided Android sucked because the phone didn't perform well. Duh....gotta buy a decent phone.

I will never buy an iOS device unless they overhaul iOS to at least match what Android can do. I do have a company-provided iPad 2 and it's very limited compared to my Android phone.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Having used both systems, I'd take Android hands down. My boys have iPod Touch, and after using them, I'd much rather deal with my Photon. Screen size alone puts a whuppin' on an iPhone, typing experience is much better, and the system runs fine. Yeah, so their aren't a billion attachments or cases for it, but I'll survive without the Barbie Phone.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I love the OP's topic sentence. You can't honestly believe that. If you do, then you need to talk to more people. Android didn't become the #1 mobile OS in the world just because people couldn't afford iPhones.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Have 4s and love it.

Using nexus now. It's not quite as refined as iphone but it doesn't bother me. The nexus blows the iphone out of the water in all ways except for battery. If you live in itunes or apple tv you might prefer the iphone. But google integration and customization is a win for android in my book and beats out i-world integration.

The ios app store is the big advantage. But Android app store is getting better.

The 4s and nexus cost the same. Not sure why this perception exists. Perhaps because there are cheaper Androids? The 4s beats those hands down.

I will deal with the battery for all the other advantages for now. And as a dev try to elevate the android app selection. But admittedly we dev for ios first then android.

Cheers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Final fantasy 8 on my $200 slider (prepaid), running with no lagg and great sound

My friends iphone 4s
Crashes right when intro starts, also no keypad :p

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention. The audio speaker on 4s isn't great but the tiny speaker on nexus stinks. My old ears need more volume. Any idea's on this? Searched the forums. Not much discussion about it. Could use BT but that would kill battery even more!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention. The audio speaker on 4s isn't great but the tiny speaker on nexus stinks. My old ears need more volume. Any idea's on this? Searched the forums. Not much discussion about it. Could use BT but that would kill battery even more!

It's something like Volume+ in the market that solves the nexus volume problem. It supposedly boosts speaker quality and volume tenfold.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Why all android users look up to ios" is the same class of question as "why all trees turn orange for Christmas". It's called "a question based on a false premise". The fact that some people you know prefer Apple products doesn't mean that all Android users do. In fact, Android's market share is constantly increasing, and it's not because people who buy $600 Android phones can't afford $400 Apple phones.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I have friends who love Apple products and were only Android users because the iPhone was not available on Verizon. Of those who switched to the iPhone or got one through work almost every one of them regretted leaving Android.

Sent from my rotary phone

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The majority of people buying Android phones are buying low cost devices that run outdated software and hardware not capable of doing what they need.

These bad experiences lead them to ditch Android the first chance they get because they have now associated that horrible experience with all Android devices.

Android is pushed as a low cost alternative and until that perception is changed, people will continue to believe that Android isn't as good.

I had a friend in this same situation. She had purchased a cheap Android phone and it was laggy and honestly a piece of crap. It was free, what do you expect?

But how could she have known that? Most people don't do research, they simply ask a friend or someone in the store.

Apple will continue dominating the high end market because they have complete control over the carriers.

Say what you will about Apple and their products, but you can't deny their genius at marketing, carrier control, and just general business operation. These things have lead them to the top.

My advice for most people is this. Android can only be truly superior when you buy a device thats the same tier as the iPhone. That way you can make a true comparison.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had the iPhone 4, Nexus S and Samsung Galaxy II. I let my iPhone go. Love android. Being able to customize it right out of the box was a big selling point for me. :)

perf_white_gt

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
The ONLY reason I have for wanting a iPhone is the damn group messaging... having my phone blow up when my fraternity brothers send a mass text....fuuuck...