06-14-2013 11:30 PM
- Hello, I would like to run .exe files for Windows (Desktop) PC on android.
I know most of you would say it's not possible, but I don't care if you say that. Everything is possible in this world. You just have to want it.
Most important reasons why it shouldn't work:
- EXEs are compiled for Windows
- CPU commands are different to the x86 processors
- WinAPI isn't available on Android
The application I want to run, will run on a couple of houndred of (Tablet) devices, a remote connection is not the way to go. The application is private, and not available on the market. There is no other application that could replace it.
I would be happy if anyone knows a VM for Android, or an other solution -> Performance doesn't matter!
For the beginning I want to try to run a small windows application, like notepad.exe on android devices.
Besides of that there is also a way to run Win98 on Android. I havent tested it yet tho.
Please don't dare to post your comment, but please post helpful ones!
Greetings ElMac04-24-2012 02:30 AM
- I don't know any way of running .exe files on android, but I tried installing windows 95 on android a while ago, 7 minutes just for startup. so I wouldn't get so excited about running any exe program on your android as 1 frame would take like 5 seconds and be very slow.01-05-2013 02:15 PM
- First and 3rd point why " its impossible" is invalid.....If your phone is x86 you should be able to run wine but it would require also installa tion of x.org and ot her destop linux thing elements in similar way as Ubuntu on Android. But you could also run VM at that point to install windows, but as i know Intel Atom dont have hardware accelaration for VMs as there latest bigger brothers, which means it will be slower.
If you run on ARM only way to run exe is via emulation (not VM, its diffrent architecture) as i know there x86 emulators that can run old Windows systems.01-06-2013 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD